1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Very clean and the weather seems warm .

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
What is the climate like in BA during the winter and summer months?

It is located at about the same distance south of the Equator as Melbourne Australia.

We have a cool winter, cloudy, showers, mist and fog temperatures about 14C.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
mic said:

It is located at about the same distance south of the Equator as Melbourne Australia.

BA is, in my opinion, one of the 10 best cities in the world, and the second best in all of the Americas (after NY).

I went there in the middle of their winter and the weather was sunny and about 15 degrees. BA's winters are extremely mild. I think that its climate is similar to Melbourne's (though I'm not sure about the rain and fog).

·
Veterano
3,665 Posts
GREAT PICTURES! As usual

mic said:

About the climate.. it is like this:

Summer: Hot and humid.. let's say an average of 28C (it can go higher!)

Winter: Cold -and you feel it- .. an average of 10C.. but sometimes it gets below zero

Autumn and Spring: PERFECT!

It doesn't rain that much here... but when it does it is heavy.. it lasts for a couple of days and then you have another sunny week. I love the climate here.

·
conoces el ZOO de BA ?
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pay attention the Black SIGN in the restaurant :eek:kay:

how stunning is eat in BA, too . :)

Menú today.
PIG STEAKS with sweet potatoes puree, and wines or coca cola. 5 u$s

·
Banned
20 Posts
LA Best

Buenos Aires is one of my three favourite cities together with Berlin and London.

IMO It has no rival in latin america.

It is the capital of culture and charm in LA

I know I will come back some day.

Specific information for "family", very gay friendly as well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
lol I am pretty sure this is only the "bueno" part. Nice Latin American city, but its slums prevent it from being on my top 20 list.

·
SomeThingsIllNeverKnow
24 Posts
jens u must be stupid.... no rival in south america?..... are u kidding me?...... Sao Paulo is the most dominant city in the southern hemisphere and in economic, political, and cultural aspects... BA is far behind, not only from Sao Paulo but also Mexico City and Santiago....... BA is a very nice city but it is over rated........ they have much work to be done before they catch up to the other super powers of latin america

·
conoces el ZOO de BA ?
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Mrnycegui72 said:
jens u must be stupid.... no rival in south america?..... are u kidding me?...... Sao Paulo is the most dominant city in the southern hemisphere and in economic, political, and cultural aspects... BA is far behind, not only from Sao Paulo but also Mexico City and Santiago....... BA is a very nice city but it is over rated........ they have much work to be done before they catch up to the other super powers of latin america
A fury attack ?
:)
When, where and who say it?

The U.N. , since 1976 say another thing. :eek:kay:
Dont worry, the civilized people know about it.

The intelligence has some obstacles, but the stupidity does not have limits.

I love Mexico, Brasil and Chile . Please, your conduct is not civilized. And I must to teach to you, first, to be educated, and to say the true about it.

My friend, only U must read the Human Development reports HDR.
Argentina ,occupies the 1nsd place in L.A, since 1999

The HD Human development is about much more than the rise or fall of national incomes. It is about creating an environment in which people can develop their full potential and lead productive, creative lives in accord with their needs and interests. People are the real wealth of nations. Development is thus about expanding the choices people have to lead lives that they value. And it is thus about much more than economic growth, which is only a means —if a very important one —of enlarging people ’s choices.

The economic power is a mean for to get the HUMAN DEVELOPMENT .

The HDI measures the average achievements in a country in three basic dimensions of human development:

A long and healthy life, as measured by life expectancy at birth.
Knowledge, as measured by the adult literacy rate (with two-thirds weight) and the combined primary, secondary, and tertiary gross enrolment ratio (with one-third weight).
A decent standard of living, as measured by gross domestic product (GDP) per capita at purchasing power parity (PPP) in USD.

HD
Rank Country Amount (top to bottom)
#1 Norway 0.963
#2 Iceland 0.956
#3 Australia 0.955
#4 Luxembourg 0.949
#5 Canada 0.949
#6 Sweden 0.949
#7 Switzerland 0.947
#8 Ireland 0.946
#9 Belgium 0.945
#10 United States 0.944
#11 Netherlands 0.943
#12 Japan 0.943
#13 Finland 0.941
#14 Denmark 0.941
#15 United Kingdom 0.939
#16 France 0.938
#17 Austria 0.936
#18 Italy 0.934
#19 New Zealand 0.933
#20 Germany 0.93
#21 Spain 0.928
#22 Hong Kong 0.916
#23 Israel 0.915
#24 Greece 0.912
#25 Singapore 0.907
#26 Slovenia 0.904
#27 Portugal 0.904
#28 Korea, South 0.901
#29 Cyprus 0.891
#30 Barbados 0.878
#31 Czech Republic 0.874
#32 Malta 0.867
#33 Brunei 0.866
#34 Argentina 0.863
#35 Hungary 0.862
#36 Poland 0.858
#37 Chile 0.854
#38 Estonia 0.853
#39 Lithuania 0.852
#40 Qatar 0.849
#41 United Arab Emirates 0.849
#42 Slovakia 0.849
#43 Bahrain 0.846
#44 Kuwait 0.844
#45 Croatia 0.841
#46 Uruguay 0.84
#47 Costa Rica 0.838
#48 Latvia 0.836
#49 Saint Kitts and Nevis 0.834
#50 Bahamas, The 0.832

¿Qué es el Desarrollo Humano?
El Desarrollo Humano es la expansión de las capacidades humanas; la libertad para elegir entre diferentes modos de vida, las opciones de las que se dispone para alcanzar la vida que se quiere vivir. Dos dimensiones centrales de esta definición son el ‘aspecto humano’ --cómo y a través de qué formas se puede mejorar la calidad de vida de la gente-- y el ‘aspecto de agencia’ --cómo estas mejoras pueden producirse a través del involucramiento y participación de la gente.

¿El crecimiento económico y el desarrollo humano son conceptos diferentes?
Si. El crecimiento económico es un medio para alcanzar el desarrollo humano, pero no un fin en si mismo. La expansión del producto bruto no siempre está acompañada de una distribución de recursos más equitativa y no indica, por lo tanto, en qué grado mejora la calidad de vida de la gente.

¿Qué mide el Indice de Desarrollo Humano (IDH)?
El IDH mide tres dimensiones básicas del desarrollo humano: (1) tener una vida larga y saludable --estimada por la esperanza de vida al nacer, (2) poseer los conocimientos necesarios para comprender y relacionarse con el entorno social --estimado por el nivel de alfabetización y matriculación combinada, (3) poseer los ingresos suficientes para acceder a un nivel de vida decente --estimado por el ingreso familiar per cápita.

HAY DOS COSAS QUE NUNCA PODRE ENTENDER, LA MALA ONDA ( para decirlo muy livianamente ) y la falta de respeto.

Por estas dos cosas los amigos brasileros, mexicanos y chilenos, de bien, sabran entender esta DEFENSA de mi tierra.

·
conoces el ZOO de BA ?
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sahil12345 said:
lol I am pretty sure this is only the "bueno" part. Nice Latin American city, but its slums prevent it from being on my top 20 list.

Oh Yes SAHIL, the same thing that the slums of the all countries. As the slums of your country. :|

1 - 20 of 83 Posts