SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RRBashi
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Creative Corner basically has 5 sections. but most of it is no longer active.
The new VS Forum layout makes navigating a bit hard, so the owners are thinking of ways to help 'flatten' some sub-sections and layouts to make things more navigable.

I am thinking that now would be a good time to consolidate many of the sections and perhaps merge a few.

any ideas what to keep?

·
1,120 Posts
Some ideas. For starters it would make sense to 'unpack/move up' the Drawing board Sub Forum and have the 2d drawings, 3d designs etc here. At the moment the 3d designs sub forum is
  • Home > Forums > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board
This structure will bury these threads on the new layout.
Change it to.
  • Home > Forums > Fun Forums > Creative Corner
Here all the current threads can be reorganised into existing sub forums and have a few pinned threads for rules/ moderator notes etc.

·
RRBashi
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot for the feedback.

looking at a lot of the sub forum posts.. there's not a lot of activity. something like 10 posts in the last 2 years for most of them. 3D has a bit more, but still the first page has all the posts within the last 2 years.

I'm wondering if all of these could be merged into one section (no subforums). to Differentiate the type of posts we could add some stuff to the title like

2D - my new building design
3D - my new bridge design
STADIUM - my new stadium design.

the game forum can go. the threads there can be merged into the existing game thread in skybar.

im also wondering if all this would also be better served as a subforum of Architecture/design too

·
1,120 Posts
I agree, the game forum has the least active threads, but I think it would be a mistake to merge the 2d/and 3d designs sub forums. I think for starters keep all sub forums in the creative drawing board sub forum and move them out, then delete the drawing board sub forum. Then sort/move/delete all lose threads into the relevant sub forums then evaluate the situation. This will take work, but I'd be more than happy to grind this out over the next few weeks... If I have mod permissions for this area.

Or at the very most, keep the 2d and 3d forums, and move relevant threads here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts