Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...

Im an amature photograher and i was wondering if anyone can help me on how to take a Panoramic photo.

I have a Nikon Coolpix P4 V3.
I have went on the Panorma scene/mode and i have taken 4-5 seperate shots, and tried to allign them.

It came out in 4 different photos and i was wondering how to merge all of them together..

i know not many have this model or even nikon, but im hoping its the same in some cameras....

Im really intrested to take pictures panorma style. I have never tried it before.
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Try Arcsoft Panorama Maker, very simple with a good result. :)

A little preview from Arcsoft Panorama Maker 3, what i currently use:

Takes you 2min to make these panoramas if you manage to take the single photos right. And with a little photoshopping after you can fix it quite nicely.

The results, just a few of all my 300 panoramas i have taken the last three years after i started on taking panoramas!

·
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!!!

I was reading my manual. But there was nothing that said about making it in their software. Odd enough.

They did however talk about the necessity of having a Tripod, which i dont have....
I found it hard to take a photo and then try to connect the line with the picture. Seemed a little difficult when taking it..especially in busy times...

·
Gotta lite?
6,063 Posts
Thanks guys!!!

I was reading my manual. But there was nothing that said about making it in their software. Odd enough.

They did however talk about the necessity of having a Tripod, which i dont have....
I found it hard to take a photo and then try to connect the line with the picture. Seemed a little difficult when taking it..especially in busy times...
You can get away without a tripod, but it's very hit and miss.

The trick to remember is that you don't have a tripod ;O) Seriously, what I mean here is to replicate one.

The point of the tripod is to keep the camera is one place and rotate along the horizontal axis. If you look how it's done, you will see the camera revolves around a central point without moving.

Most people make the mistake of moving their body when shooting panorama's without a tripod. The trick is to emulate the tripod by just swiveling the camera in your hand, trying to us the position of the lens as the centre point.

This may improve things a bit.

By the way, one problem with compacts is that the tripod mount is usually off center from the lens. In SLR's the tripod mount is usually dead center on the lens, this makes panorama's accurate. But with an off center compact, there can be slight matching problems. The trick here is to avoid wide angle lenses.

Just a couple of tips.

By the way, Quazq, nice job there :O)

·
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can get away without a tripod, but it's very hit and miss.

The trick to remember is that you don't have a tripod ;O) Seriously, what I mean here is to replicate one.

The point of the tripod is to keep the camera is one place and rotate along the horizontal axis. If you look how it's done, you will see the camera revolves around a central point without moving.

Most people make the mistake of moving their body when shooting panorama's without a tripod. The trick is to emulate the tripod by just swiveling the camera in your hand, trying to us the position of the lens as the centre point.

This may improve things a bit.

By the way, one problem with compacts is that the tripod mount is usually off center from the lens. In SLR's the tripod mount is usually dead center on the lens, this makes panorama's accurate. But with an off center compact, there can be slight matching problems. The trick here is to avoid wide angle lenses.

Just a couple of tips.

By the way, Quazq, nice job there :O)
Whenver im going to take an Tripod..i will place it on a flat surface and swivel it around so i can get the best picture and the steady one...
thats my take

thanks alot guys :)
I appreciate all your help..

i felt embarrased asking that question :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts