Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In what way will such super tall projects like Sears, Waterview, (hopefully) Chgo Spire affect what will happen on the ground in the greater downtown area?

What I'm asking is this: with such blockbuster projects and with all the new condos going up, what type of additonal attractions will be built in the Loop and surrounding areas that will increase that area's already great drawing power.

I'm thinking along the line's of the public sector's Millennium Park and the private sector's retail/entertainment portion of Block 37. Will the new heights and mass in downtown generate anything like LA Live going up in LA or a unified transit center like SF's planned new transbay terminal? Will a new downtown performing arts center ever be considered? Could a new Sox stadium eventually be considered for the fringe of the downtown area?

What long discussed projects do you see finally getting off the ground as the sky here gets higher and higher?

·
Registered
13 Posts
i would say yes, more and more small shops will dissapear when you add more floor room and supertall buildings were you have the option to be high in the sky...
but i think that it will be a beautiful veiw with the spire especially on the cicero ave. bridge by the aiport

1 - 2 of 2 Posts