SkyscraperCity banner

4901 - 4920 of 7186 Posts

·
Islander
23,514 Posts
The queue was long, but the A9 was practically empty.
You said there had been a lot of traffic between the border and Koper. I know the A9 is practically empty, but I think a lot of traffic joins it just before the border. I agree that queues are too long though.

Are there any plans to connect the SLO H5 to the HR A9 with a motorway-standard road?
Yes, a 4-lane expressway is planned (extension of the H5).

·
Registered
7,123 Posts

·
Hun Solo
7,671 Posts
whats the reason of putting a bridge there without a road to hungary? there is nothing beyond the river what would justify this bridge, isnt it?

·
con los terroristas
14,258 Posts
whats the reason of putting a bridge there without a road to hungary? there is nothing beyond the river what would justify this bridge, isnt it?
not really. also, according to many of us that bridge was completely unneccessary because saome 7-8 years ago there was made bridge over Drava at D7 while constructing western Osijek bypass.
imo they should have made A5 along the route of D7 from Čepin to Darda and just double existind D7 bridge. in that case they would make exit Osijek much more accessible (today almost nobody uses it, everyone uses exit Čepin).

there is one more, much deeper thing: ne A5 bridge is made completely from elements from Croatian factories. that is ways to keep their production at reasonable level in those crisis days. now put the metal factory whose sale to private Croatian busnissman has been discussed over 2 years. and that factory is supplying metal parts for the bridge... you get quite intresting story here :)

but anyway, corridor Vc will be constructed sooner or later, and it is not bad to have HR part done (H is in similar situation, only some 30 km left, and BIH is the one who are we waiting for).

·
4,909 Posts
What is the status of the Sava Bridge at the southern end of A5? The Bosnian part of the motorway was recently tendered.
Status with the bridge seems to be that there is a problem with the two lowest offers and the third place offer is from Vijadukt the same company that was suppose to substitute Stabag last year when the first tender of the project was done. (which was canceled by EiB)
Actually in BiH they signed the contract for the first section last week and in a few days they start construction.:)

·
Registered
7,123 Posts
^^ Lack of documentation? :?

·
Registered
7,123 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
No. In fact, the current concessionaire (a Croatian firm with about 51% of Strabag capital) has built a small escape tunnel on the place of future western (direction Zagreb) tube of tunnel Sv. Tri Kralja (cca 1800 m), so this semimotorway stretch today complies with the EU directive for tunnels.
Pity. When Strabag built this stretch, who can ever imagine that this part will be Phyrn"autobahn"-like?

·
Registered
999 Posts
should have been 27.12.2013. but it is obviously postponed due to bankruptcy of some firms hired on works. I have found info that the last segment of the bridge should be delivered by 01.04.2014.
Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed - for the Sava bridge as well.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
27.09.1981. - 27.09.2013.

Today is the 32nd anniversary of the Učka tunnel (B8/A8)

:cheers1: :cheer:

32 years ago, on this exact day, Učka tunnel was opened for traffic. A big ceremony was held, as you can see on the pictures below. It was a big moment for Istria, because it represented big improvement in traffic safety and comfort, but it was also a political issue - connection of Istrian peninsula to the rest of Croatia and Yugoslavia...

source

4901 - 4920 of 7186 Posts