SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered Abuser
3,787 Posts
Oooo this is close to me. There's some very nice coastal scenery and dive sites near Wonthaggi, but I guess they've taken these into acount. Good for jobs in my local area, yay!

· Registered Abuser
3,787 Posts
Latest I heard is that they want to put it at Kilcunda (tiny town west of Wonthaggi). This would be a mistake 'cause Kilcunda is very picturesque. There are plenty of areas of the coastline around there that would be better than Kilcunda.

· Registered Abuser
3,787 Posts
Not really. The hard bit is catching it in large doses. And if the fresh water doesn't fall from the sky, you're screwed. I know people who have had to live entirely off tank water and it is amazing how much rain you need on your roof to keep up the supply.
We've never run out, and we've been living off tank water for one hundred years here. This is for the house, the dairy is another matter as it uses alot more water for cleaning etc. It usually runs out in years of drought (two of the last five years we've had to buy in water). It always fills to overflowing during the wetter months though, so if we just put in more storage then we probably would survive the bad years too.

It's amazing how quickly a tank will fill from a few showers. Most roofs are large and any rain that falls on them is 100% runoff. Our tank has been full for months now, even after one of the driest summers on record.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.