Preservation of Monuments Board

:? :? :? :? :? :?
:eek:

Now what????

·
Success and Happiness
6,696 Posts
:lol:

Comply... if you passionately want these locations to be preserved, explain the rationale i.e. the history behind it / architecture that is worth preserving etc... can't expect the exec to do this for you. The official address is probably to prevent misunderstanding... preserving the wrong building... hehe...

btw, I am surprised you want Clifford Pier to be preserved... remembered someone here didn't like it... forgot who...

·
Tan
4,327 Posts
I guess if you are lazy, just go to the street directory and find the road name, followed by the building name/number. And for the writeup, just give significant dates and important information.

But if you REALLY want to save them, at least write 2 paragraphs on each building with the info Hya suggested and the dates. Try to get the official address too.

YOU MUST REPLY. Or else they will not treat your emails with respect thereafter.:)

·
Distant glory
536 Posts
Er.. Isn't the Indian High Commission Building (the one at Grange Rd right?) property of the Indian Government or something.. Or has it been given to them on long-term lease? You probably know more about this than I do..

It's a pretty building, definitely should be preserved. I was disappointed with the interior maintenance and decor though. So typical Indian government (bah, sad to say, they're improving slowly though) .. :(

That letter is just bureaucracy.. You'll have to live with it, and then again it's not like it's completely pointless. I guess they want to be sure you know what you're talking about too.

Good luck. :)

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
^

I agree, that place looks old and worn out, but not exactly like its going to fall apart.

Its a very nice colonial-looking mansion and I wanted to take a pic of it had it not been for the fact its an embassy and not very visible from the road....

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
redstone, I'm proud of you for continuing to be THE resource for purposes of Singapore's architectural preservation efforts! :eek:kay:

But I think this guy is really taking things a bit far. Is it not his JOB to find out about the things he asks you to provide? Or is he asking you to back up your personal preservation list with some data here?

I must say I find this a bit disturbing, but maybe it's the practice in SG. And in that case, tell them it'll take you a while to find out the requested information, and then follow through. Even if you can't give ALL the information, DO provide it! :eek:kay:

You're a saint :angel1: and a trooper :horse: There'll be a bronze plaque for you some day! No, wait ... there'll be LOTs of plaques for you: one on each of the buildings you've helped to save! :cool:

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Well...just about anyone could dump a list of hundreds of buildings and structures at the authorities without justifying them, which will result in little value gained. The flood of protests against the demolition of the old national library just shows how popular sentiments and pragmatism dont mix very well here more of the time.

Meanwhile, I wonder why you listed two lighthouses. Are they in danger of demolition? And dont you think you are evoking political issues with Horsburgh Lighthouse's nomination?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.