160 - Mali
161 - Burkina Faso
162 - Liberia
163 - Chad
164 - Guinea-Bissau
165 - Mozambique
166 - Burundi
167 - Niger
168 - Congo (Democratic Republic of the)
169 - Zimbabwe

http://hdr.undp.org/en/media/HDR_2010_EN_Tables.pdf

2007 HDI Ranking

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Satisfactory performance from Nigeria, a lot of work to do. Nothing to celebrate, but progress nonetheless.

over the next two decades our standard of living should near South Africa's Standard of living as it is today.

Could be better but yeah progress. I'll take that.

·
life liver
3,188 Posts
Kenya is just on the verge. Come on people, lets make that last push!

wow, just re-read, and if we make it to the "medium" human development list, we could potentially be in the same class as Botswana and China!

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
Wow, changing their method has totally screwed up the results. You can't even tell who has improved over last year.

·
Banned
226 Posts
egypt69: why did you fucking had to closed my thread ? i posted way before him. you should be ashamed of yourself. husein has closed my other thread. i posted way before him. shame on you shame on you. if you guys have decided to against me. its very clear your agenda. shame on you shame on you. you should be ashamed of what you did. seriously, i posted way before him and this is the way you say thank you hein ? shame on you shame on you

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
egypt69: why did you fucking had to closed my thread ? i posted way before him. you should be ashamed of yourself. husein has closed my other thread. i posted way before him. shame on you shame on you
First of all, watch your language and have some respect!

Second of all, if you bother to look at the timings, you both posted them at the exact same time. However the Business, Economy and Infrastructure section, is the more appropriate place to discuss this than The Oasis.

·
És cosa de bojos!
3,230 Posts
egypt69: why did you fucking had to closed my thread ? i posted way before him. you should be ashamed of yourself. husein has closed my other thread. i posted way before him. shame on you shame on you
I was about to post there and it says "Thread Closed" just wondering! :lol:

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
Algeria and Tunisia are now considered high development with this new method.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
So Egypt climbed in the rankings, from 123rd to 101st, buts its actual Human Development Index Value dropped from 0.703 to 0.620....

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Wow, changing their method has totally screwed up the results. You can't even tell who has improved over last year.
You can know who improved in a number of ways depending on what you mean by improve.

1) You can look at the ranking and use that. For example based on the ranking, Nigeria has improved (However less countries were surveyed this year for reasons unbeknown to me)

2) You can look at the % increase of the individual country or the weighted HDIs from previous years, it is in the website. (According to this for example Nigeria has improved at the same rate as it has in previous years)

3) The other thing to consider is this is not necessarily really improvement, for example you can see in the list some countries have gone significantly higher or lower etc, but that does not actually reflect the changes etc. The change in criteria like you said has distorted things, however I guess all you have to do is see this years HDI has the same as other years and that they are comparable

4) Even if the methodology was the same, the HDI does not reflect short term changes accurately. It is more a long term thing. If you want a better appreciation of the HDI, you have to look over a longer period of time like 5,10 years etc

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
So Egypt climbed in the rankings, from 123rd to 101st, buts its actual Human Development Index Value dropped from 0.703 to 0.620....
That's just the new method.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts