Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Any chance of getting european connectivity like to paris or amsterdam or frankfurt from hyderabad directly.
right now we are dependant too much on ME airlines...

·
Registered
447 Posts
When compared to bangalore it has atleast three european connectivity goes, air france/KLM, swiss air, lufthansa.
We got to have atleast one, so that it becomes easier to connect to american airlines, delta or United from europe. Or else its the same story get down in mumbai or delhi again change over to domestic. When do you expect jet airways to get the A330?

·
Registered
447 Posts
KLM and Luftansa have Hyderabad on their radar, as per their news in 2015 - 2016.
But its really hard for them to capture Hyderabad.
reason1: Emirates
(new)reason2: Trump uncle.
Emirates flies three times i think.
We need a direct flight to europe, what about the KLM-air france plans to fly to hyderabad.
Or this was just a rumour.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well, don't just look at where Hyderabad is going as a city. Also consider what 9W is doing as a network player.. Just because HYD grows doesnt mean that the 330 will definitely happen..

If there indeed is a move to be made, ANY of the AF-KLM-9W Partner can launch to HYD from their respective hubs. Hence, CPS's answer to Amby1986 is plausible, IMO..
Completely understand lots of financial factors involved, its not like we didnt have an european flight. If i am not wrong we used to have lufthansa right?

Hopefully we get any one of them, turkish, lufthansa, air france/KLM , swiss air

Amsterdam or paris is the key which has great connections with delta/AA.

Delta was saying something related to connections to india. i hope it materializes.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I guess we lost both amsterdam and paris connectivity.
Jet airways seems to have connected bangalore and chennai to those destinations with the new planes.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Air india will add something by end of year if DC flight response is good.
What i have heard is that probably one of LA, houston or dallas would be added.
I would personally say dallas, right now eithad and emirates are killing, they are handling lots of passengers at the moment from Dallas.

Folks your opinion?
I am not so sure about LA, dont know indian traffic from there.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thats good for a evening flight to vizag, by the way how are our domestic numbers looking like?
I hope we overtake chennai or kolkatta this financial year. I know its very tough but i sure hope so.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Aircraft movement

Int. : 2299 (1947) 18.1%
Dom. :
11130 (9435) +18.0%

Total :
13429 (11382) +18.0%

Passenger movement

Int. : 341128 (307867) +10.8%
Dom. :
1358551 (1094831) +24.1%

Total :
1699679 (1402698) +21.2%

Freight movement

Int. : 6760 (6465) 4.6%
Dom. :
4906 (4613) 6.4%

Total :
11666 (11078) 5.3%

-------------------------------------------
Total Passengers for Year 2017 (Jan - Dec) : 17148069
How far are we from Chennai and Kolkatta?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Kolkata has an advantage of its location being towards east and no major metro city airport surrounding it. It also have an advantage of connections with all of the north east cities. Whereas Hyderabad is surrounded by Chennai and Banglore. Hard to cross Kolkata
I would disagree with that, guwahati had some problems.
Now they have opened newly and things would bypass Kolkatta.
You can check the second quarter numbers,by then flights would be fully arriving at guwahati airport.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hyd Airport is smaller when compare to Banglore, Delhi too. But doing good job in connections. I have used RGIA for both domestic and International flights. We cannot compare Indian airport with Airports like Dubai which is huge.

But Mumbai Airport is one of the wonderful airport after Banglore in this part of the country. Hyderabad is way to go on this.

But connections wise hyderbad has advantage of being in mostly middle of country. Lets hope Hyderabad will be in top 5 Airports in India
http://www.hyderabad.aero/liveflight-information.aspx?smode=D

I hope we get some european connections, need to have more of those.

·
Registered
447 Posts
We all know the financial state of AI and hence easy to understand why AI cannot start another route from Hyd to USA.

But I'm surprised that Jet Airways, which certainly has the birds to fly, is not able to utilize the opportunity. Connecting either Hyd or Bangalore non-stop to USA (either bay area or NYC area) would in all likelihood a profit making route.
You are wrong on this, its not just the financial state, we do need some 777 to fly non stop to USA. Right now we dont have anything available. New 777 which was delivered this year will be used for Mumbai to SFO.
So first we need the planes as the dreamliners which AI has currently are useless for flights to USA.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It is not the stop that makes a route operationally successful, it is how effective and efficient the transit hubs are.

ME3 are better off not because of the 1-stop but because they are able to fill the front, middle, and back of the plane using their hub and spoke model.

Same reason why AI is doing well on the US routes using DEL as its hub.

9W is trying to do the same @ AMS and CDG using Delta, AF, KLM.

Apart from DEL and BOM, at present, there are no other Indian cities that can sustain a non-stop to the US. Couple of years back when AI was planning a nonstop to SFO, people were clamoring for BLR - SFO nonstop. Some wise guy at AI decided to stick to the DEL hub and operate the SFO nonstop from there. Had it been from BLR, AI would have shut down the route in a matter of months. Even with all the IT companies, HYD is not able to sustain multiple nonstops to Europe (the sole service is BA to LHR).
For three days SFO flight starts from Bangalore on to Delhi AFAIK.
Isnt it the case?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts