SkyscraperCity Forum banner
5941 - 5960 of 8062 Posts

·
Sahil Muhsin
14,340 Posts
The news of this addition was posted a few days back in the IXE thread. To me it looks like the typical 6E capacity dumping to fight SpiceJet on the route! But there are other considerations too..

A) Both LCCs were reportedly doing well with their respective single daily frequencies, Looks like O/D pax are steadily rising, so an additional frequency on a turboprop may not be a bad idea after all, but don't know about 5 daily! I guess we'll just have to see who blinks first. :nuts:

B) Apart from the "potential" of individual routes, we've also got to consider that IndiGo is heavily expanding in South India. With an average of 12 ATRs (1/4th of of a total fleet of 50) planned to be dedicated to the South, such rotations and frequencies are quite expected.
When I was travelling Hyderabad to Mangalore by bus back in 2011/12, all the operators were up class service by VRL, KSRTC, Kesinini etc and they were running full daily with business travelers in weekdays and students of Manipal, NIT in weekends.. despite the tickets being in 800-1800rs in those days..

I am not at all surprised with capacity dumping by the airlines with small aircraft in this segment..

·
Registered
892 Posts
Manglore will surely gets good demand from Hyderabad. Indigo will feed from other Airport to Hyderabad to make it. Even if another 2 added also its not surprising. Not even a single daily train from Banglore to Telangana or andhra. Just 2 weekly trains to most of parts of AP and TG and biweekly via longest route to Hyderabad where 3A fare around 1750rs with almost 28 hrs journey.

Filling small flight very easy for Indigo at 2.5K too. Further it gives connections to Vijayawada, Rajamundry, Vizag too.

Manglore to Vizag via hyd fare is at 2634 rs

Manglore to Vijayawada via hyd is at 2974 rs

·
Registered
367 Posts
RGIA Airport- MY Long term Review

I've been travelling using RGIA right from its inception almost 10 years back, the latest being last week. I've noticed quite a few changes and would like to take some time out and write my review about it, especially as it is about to celebrate its 10th Anniversary.

I am a no big author so, i might be using very common grammar that every one understands ;).

My first experience with RGIA was from Bengaluru to Hyderabad, way back in 2009, when i quit my job in Bengaluru and joined in Hyd (for good). I was overwhelmed with the changes that i saw in RGIA vs Begumpet airport. I was cheering inside looking at all the glass structures, escalators, lounges, shops, lights, flooring, interiorts etc. It was a big leap from where Begumpet was and where RGIA was in terms of standards. I was excited to hear that it had the longest runway in Asia at 4.26 km and the tallest air traffic control (ATC) tower in the country at 75 metres, when inaugurated. I really thanked GMR for developing such a great airport for and wish them all profits and development.

I have never left india till then, so RGIA airport was a big deal to me :) especially after seeing the congested and age old Begumpet airport. There was so much of greenery outside the airport and so many taxis parked outside. The palm trees were one of the best attractions back then, and i still feel they add a great look to our airport even now.

The only sad part was that i had to travel 40Kms to reach my home, and trust me the drive back especially being a night journey was little scary, as ORR just opened to gachibowli and there was absolutely no lighting.

I took a domestic flight to Coimbatore in my next trip and noticed how easy it was to reach your gate despite being a big airport (as per my personal standards then). My respect to RGIA grew so much after i landed in coimbatore airport ;). Even though it happened to be my honeymoon trip, i couldn't stop my temptation of speaking about RGIA airport and how good it was with my wife ;). I was able to impress my wife by gifting her one of the best times with some luxury lodging and shopping in HYD airport back then.
There was no uber back then, so it was all MERU and some green cabs if i remember right. I Still remember the ride to airport was around 1K, which is the same even now, it was considered back then, but cheap now. My current uber trips to airport wouldnt cost more than Rs.800.

2012, 2013 was busy busy travelling times with trips to and from California. I am not sure about when PUSHPAK bus service started to airport, but it is in 2012 and 2013 i used the service very much, making the individual airport rides very affordable. The occupancy is slightly better now when compared to that of those days for sure, especially mondays and fridays.

I still remember RGIA starting its 2nd runway in 2012.

I traveled mostly by Emirates and Cathay pacific, and will be honest here and will tell you how disappointed i was with RGIA when i noticed the Dubai, Hong kong, LAS VEGAS and SAN FRANCISCO airports. I know there is no comparison to those global cities and the capacity of passengers they handle to that of Hyderabad, but i felt a little low sheerly because of the fact that i am a pakka hyderabadi and wouldn't accept any less to Hyderabad. I have always been and will be so emotional about Hyderabad that i always want my Hyderabad to be best and nothing less.

I will be practical enough to say that after 3-4 Visits to Dallas airport, RGIA appears so tiny to me that its not even 1/5th of Dallas airport. But if i have to do an apple-apple comparison, this is an un-fair comparison and RGIA still packs a punch interms of passenger handling capacity in such a small area.
I read somewhere that RGIA handles 400+ flights daily, which is like 16 - 17 FLIGHTS PER HOUR with just 2 runways.

And now when i see T2 coming up in Hyderabad i am glad that we will start competing with the best cities globally. I saw some heavy compounding and excavation being done in between Parking and Arrival/Departure entrance, its a good sign that RGIA will be able to handle and i hope GMR will throw open a swanky new terminal whenever they open that takes Hyderbad and its reputation to all new level.

I think it will be unfair not to mention the development Shamshabad had received because of RGIA. 1000s of jobs created directly and indirectly, RE has grown leaps and bounds, especially Adibatla has cashed in. There are whole lot of MNC's opening their shops in and around Shamshabad, and i wish all the best for them and help Hyderabad in their growth story.

KCR's vision of Aero city is wonderful and i hope it will see the light of the day soon, and last but not least i wish Hyd Metro to airport be ready by 2022.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I've been travelling using RGIA right from its inception almost 10 years back, the latest being last week. I've noticed quite a few changes and would like to take some time out and write my review about it, especially as it is about to celebrate its 10th Anniversary.

I am a no big author so, i might be using very common grammar that every one understands ;).

My first experience with RGIA was from Bengaluru to Hyderabad, way back in 2009, when i quit my job in Bengaluru and joined in Hyd (for good). I was overwhelmed with the changes that i saw in RGIA vs Begumpet airport. I was cheering inside looking at all the glass structures, escalators, lounges, shops, lights, flooring, interiorts etc. It was a big leap from where Begumpet was and where RGIA was in terms of standards. I was excited to hear that it had the longest runway in Asia at 4.26 km and the tallest air traffic control (ATC) tower in the country at 75 metres, when inaugurated. I really thanked GMR for developing such a great airport for and wish them all profits and development.

I have never left india till then, so RGIA airport was a big deal to me :) especially after seeing the congested and age old Begumpet airport. There was so much of greenery outside the airport and so many taxis parked outside. The palm trees were one of the best attractions back then, and i still feel they add a great look to our airport even now.

The only sad part was that i had to travel 40Kms to reach my home, and trust me the drive back especially being a night journey was little scary, as ORR just opened to gachibowli and there was absolutely no lighting.

I took a domestic flight to Coimbatore in my next trip and noticed how easy it was to reach your gate despite being a big airport (as per my personal standards then). My respect to RGIA grew so much after i landed in coimbatore airport ;). Even though it happened to be my honeymoon trip, i couldn't stop my temptation of speaking about RGIA airport and how good it was with my wife ;). I was able to impress my wife by gifting her one of the best times with some luxury lodging and shopping in HYD airport back then.
There was no uber back then, so it was all MERU and some green cabs if i remember right. I Still remember the ride to airport was around 1K, which is the same even now, it was considered back then, but cheap now. My current uber trips to airport wouldnt cost more than Rs.800.

2012, 2013 was busy busy travelling times with trips to and from California. I am not sure about when PUSHPAK bus service started to airport, but it is in 2012 and 2013 i used the service very much, making the individual airport rides very affordable. The occupancy is slightly better now when compared to that of those days for sure, especially mondays and fridays.

I still remember RGIA starting its 2nd runway in 2012.

I traveled mostly by Emirates and Cathay pacific, and will be honest here and will tell you how disappointed i was with RGIA when i noticed the Dubai, Hong kong, LAS VEGAS and SAN FRANCISCO airports. I know there is no comparison to those global cities and the capacity of passengers they handle to that of Hyderabad, but i felt a little low sheerly because of the fact that i am a pakka hyderabadi and wouldn't accept any less to Hyderabad. I have always been and will be so emotional about Hyderabad that i always want my Hyderabad to be best and nothing less.

I will be practical enough to say that after 3-4 Visits to Dallas airport, RGIA appears so tiny to me that its not even 1/5th of Dallas airport. But if i have to do an apple-apple comparison, this is an un-fair comparison and RGIA still packs a punch interms of passenger handling capacity in such a small area.
I read somewhere that RGIA handles 400+ flights daily, which is like 16 - 17 FLIGHTS PER HOUR with just 2 runways.

And now when i see T2 coming up in Hyderabad i am glad that we will start competing with the best cities globally. I saw some heavy compounding and excavation being done in between Parking and Arrival/Departure entrance, its a good sign that RGIA will be able to handle and i hope GMR will throw open a swanky new terminal whenever they open that takes Hyderbad and its reputation to all new level.

I think it will be unfair not to mention the development Shamshabad had received because of RGIA. 1000s of jobs created directly and indirectly, RE has grown leaps and bounds, especially Adibatla has cashed in. There are whole lot of MNC's opening their shops in and around Shamshabad, and i wish all the best for them and help Hyderabad in their growth story.

KCR's vision of Aero city is wonderful and i hope it will see the light of the day soon, and last but not least i wish Hyd Metro to airport be ready by 2022.
:tongue4:
^^

Good

Only paining part is no metro.
Now metro is fail in present format. n very few transit.
In any city airport line will be a hit. All studies n experience showed.

In fact vision is lacking .

Kcr n ktr should jump and start work asap. Atleast by 2030 airport will have metro.

We only c what's not there.

A very best airport in South .
Appreciate previous govts n vision.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very well summarized .. looks like you grew with the airport ... understand your feelings ...

·
Registered
892 Posts

Hyd Airport is smaller when compare to Banglore, Delhi too. But doing good job in connections. I have used RGIA for both domestic and International flights. We cannot compare Indian airport with Airports like Dubai which is huge.

But Mumbai Airport is one of the wonderful airport after Banglore in this part of the country. Hyderabad is way to go on this.

But connections wise hyderbad has advantage of being in mostly middle of country. Lets hope Hyderabad will be in top 5 Airports in India

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hyd Airport is smaller when compare to Banglore, Delhi too. But doing good job in connections. I have used RGIA for both domestic and International flights. We cannot compare Indian airport with Airports like Dubai which is huge.

But Mumbai Airport is one of the wonderful airport after Banglore in this part of the country. Hyderabad is way to go on this.

But connections wise hyderbad has advantage of being in mostly middle of country. Lets hope Hyderabad will be in top 5 Airports in India
http://www.hyderabad.aero/liveflight-information.aspx?smode=D

I hope we get some european connections, need to have more of those.

·
Registered
367 Posts
GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL) on Tuesday announced that Montreal-based Airports Council International (ACI) has awarded the airport as world number one in airport service quality (ASQ) passengers survey in 5-15 million passengers per annum (MPPA) category for the year 2017.

“We are embarking on the expansion of the airport, which will not only provide necessary infrastructure boost to facilitate high air traffic and passenger growth, but also a delightful passenger experience with right fusion of technology and human touch,” he said.

To meet this growth requirement, the airport is soon going for expansion, which would enhance its capacity over a period of time to cater to over 30 MPPA, he added.
https://telanganatoday.com/ghial-awarded-world-no-1-for-airport-service-quality

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Hyderabad’s RGIA to complete super successful decade

But when the RGIA completes a decade in operations on March 23, those who created a ruckus at that time will have to acknowledge the transformation the airport has undergone in terms of technological upgradation and amenities provided to passengers.

By AuthorSreenivas M. | Published: 7th Mar 2018 11:31 pm Updated: 7th Mar 2018 11:39 pm

Hyderabad: The shifting of commercial air operations from Begumpet to the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) in Shamshabad a decade ago had triggered a hue and cry from various quarters because of its distance from the city.

https://flic.kr/p/23BnXZZ https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

But when the RGIA completes a decade in operations on March 23, those who created a ruckus at that time will have to acknowledge the transformation the airport has undergone in terms of technological upgradation and amenities provided to passengers.

Starting from 6.2 million passengers in 2009, the RGIA is closing in to clock more than 18 million passengers by the end of the financial year 2018. With over 28 destinations globally in 2008, nine domestic carriers, 15 foreign and three Indian international carriers are now connecting the city with close to 60 destinations across the world.Readying for expansion To meet the increasing passenger demand, the airport is gearing up for expansion which will enable it to enhance its capacity over a period of time to cater to over 30 million passengers per annum (MPPA).

Recently, IndiGo has selected RGIA as the first and primary base of operations for their new fleet of ATR regional aircraft. In 2017, two new international airlines — SriLankan and Jazeera Airways — started operations from Shamshabad apart from international services, including Colombo, Washington DC, Kuwait, Sharjah and Doha among others.

On the domestic front, in 2017, the airport got connected with destinations like Mangaluru, Jabalpur, Chandigarh, Tiruvananthapuram, Kadapa, Nanded, Patna, Surat, Guwahati, Ranchi, Shirdi, Vidyanagar (Bellary), Puducherry and Nagpur.

With its extensive route network and choice of airlines for its passengers, the RGIA has firmly established itself as the ‘Gateway of Choice’ in the south and central Indian region. As a result, it has recorded approximately 50 per cent growth in the domestic transfer passengers in 2017 over the previous year.

Operated by GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL), the RGIA, which was the first greenfield airport under public private partnership model in the country, was inaugurated by then UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Quote:

“Our vision is to make the upgraded and expanded Hyderabad Airport into the first fully tech-enabled smart airport in the country,” said GHIAL CEO SGK Kishore. “We will soon be rolling out a pilot project to enable completely paperless travel through our airport, using the biometric identification of a passenger to replace both the ticket as well as the boarding card,” he said.
TToday

·
Registered
232 Posts
There is no T2 under construction. It's expansion of the existing T1 terminal.

·
Registered
183 Posts
https://www.ntnews.com/TelanganaNew...rabad-airport-expansion-plans-1-2-570269.html

జీఎంఆర్ ఎయిర్*పోర్టు పదేండ్ల్ల ప్రస్థానం
రాజీవ్*గాంధీ ఇంటర్నేషనల్ ఎయిర్*పోర్టు(ఆర్జీఐఏ) దశాబ్దకాలంగా నిరాటంకంగా సేవలు అందిస్తూ ప్రపంచవ్యాప్తంగా ఘనత సాధించింది.. ఏటా లక్షల మందిని దేశ, హైదరాబాద్ సిటీబ్యూరో, నమస్తే తెలంగాణ : విదేశాలకు చేరవేస్తూ పలు అంతర్జాతీయఅవార్డులను అందుకున్నది. హైదరాబాద్*తోపాటు, భారతదేశ ఖ్యాతిని ఖండాంతరాలకు వ్యాప్తిచేసింది. దేశాభివృద్ధిలో కీలకంగా ఉంటూ జాతీయ స్థూల ఉత్పత్తిలో తనదైన బాధ్యతను నెరవేరుస్తున్నది. శుక్రవారంతో పదేండ్లు పూర్తి చేసుకుంటున్న హైదరాబాద్ అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయంపై ప్రత్యేక కథనం..

ఇలా మొదలు
హైదరాబాద్ శివారులోని శంషాబాద్ సమీపంలో జాయింట్ వెంచర్*లో భాగంగా జీఎంఆర్ గ్రూపు విమానాశ్రయ నిర్మాణానికి శ్రీకారం చుట్టింది. ఇందులో జీఎంఆర్ భాగస్వామ్యం 63 శాతం కాగా, ఎయిర్*పోర్టు అథారిటీ ఆఫ్ ఇండియా వాటా 13 శాతం, గవర్నమెంట్ ఆఫ్ తెలంగాణ 13 శాతం, మలేషియా ఎయిర్*పోర్టు హోర్డింగ్స్ బెర్*హార్డ్ 11శాతంగా ఉంది. కేవలం 31 నెలల కాలంలోనే జీఎంఆర్ గ్రూపు ఈ ప్రాజెక్టును పూర్తిచేసి రికార్డు సృష్టించింది. పబ్లిక్, ప్రైవేటు పార్టనర్*షిప్ (పీపీపీ) మోడల్*లో దేశంలోనే నిర్మించిన మొట్టమొదటి గ్రీన్*ఫీల్డ్ ఎయిర్*పోర్టుగా ఘనతకెక్కింది. ఇది జీఎంఆర్ గ్రూపు ఏవియేషన్*లో చేపట్టిన మొట్టమొదటి నిర్మాణమైనప్పటికీ ప్రతీ అంశంలోనూ ప్రత్యేకతను చాటింది.

30మిలియన్లు
ఏడాదికి 12 మిలియన్ల మంది ప్రయాణించే సామర్ధ్యంతోపాటు 1.5 మెట్రిక్ టన్నుల కార్గో ట్రాన్స్*పోర్టు కెపాసిటీతో నిర్మించిన ఈ విమానాశ్రయం ప్రస్తుతం అంచనాకు మించిన డిమాండ్*తో ప్రయాణికులను గమ్యస్థానాలకు చేరుస్తున్నది.
2008-2009లో 6.2 మిలియన్ల మంది ప్రయాణికులను గమ్యస్థానాలకు చేరవేసిన ఎయిర్*పోర్టు 2017-18లో 18 మిలియన్ల మందిని చేరవేసి రికార్డులకెక్కింది. క్రమంగా పెరుగుతున్న డిమాండ్*ను దృష్టిలో ఉంచుకుని ఏటా 30 మిలియన్ల మంది ప్రయాణికులు రాకపోకలు సాగించేలా ప్రణాళికలు సిద్ధం చేస్తున్నారు.

ప్రారంభించిన మొదట్లో ఇక్కడి నుంచి 28 ప్రాంతాలకు ప్రయాణ సౌకర్యాన్ని అందించిన ఎయిర్*పోర్టు ప్రస్తుతం 9 డొమెస్టిక్,15 విదేశీ, 3 ఇండియన్ కారియర్స్ ద్వారా ప్రపంచవ్యాప్తంగా 60 ప్రాంతాలకు సేవలు అందిస్తున్నది.

దక్షిణ భారతదేశంతోపాటు, సెంట్రల్ ఇండియాకు కూడా ఈ ఎయిర్*పోర్టు హబ్*గా రూపొందనున్నది. ఇండిగో కూడా తమ ప్రైమరీబేస్ ఆపరేషన్స్*కు ఇటీవలే హైదరాబాద్ ఎయిర్*పోర్టును ఎంపికచేసుకుంది. ప్రపంచంలోనే పెద్ద ఎయిర్*క్రాఫ్ట్ ఏఎన్ 225 మ్రియా కూడా ఆర్జీఐ ఎయిర్*పోర్టులో ఎలాంటి ఇబ్బందులు లేకుండా ల్యాండ్ అయింది.

50 శాతం పెరిగిన వృద్ధిరేటు
2017 నుంచి ఎయిర్*లైన్స్ శ్రీలంకన్, జజీరా ఎయిర్*వేస్ కొత్తగా ఇక్కడినుంచి రాకపోకలు సాగిస్తున్నాయి. అంతేగాకుండా కొలంబో, వాషింగ్టన్ డీసీ, కువైట్, షార్జా, దోహ తదితర ప్రాంతాలకు ఇక్కడినుంచి సర్వీసులు అందిస్తున్నారు. డొమెస్టిక్ ఆపరేషన్స్*లో భాగంగా మంగళూరు, జబాల్*పూర్, ఛండీఘడ్, త్రివేండ్రం, కడప, నాందేడ్, పాట్నా, సూరత్, గౌహతి, రాంచి, షిర్డీ, విద్యానగర్ (బళ్లారి), పుదుచ్చేరి, నాగ్*పూర్ ప్రాంతాలకు కనెక్టివిటీ పెంచుకుంది. డొమెస్టిక్ ప్రయాణికుల విషయంలో గతంతో పోలిస్తే రాజీవ్*గాంధీ ఇంటర్నేషనల్ ఎయిర్*పోర్టు 50 శాతం వృద్ధిరేటు సాధించింది. ప్యాసింజర్ ఈజ్ ఫ్రైం ప్రోగ్రాం క్రింద ప్యాసింజర్లకు సహాయసహకారాలు అందచేసే వేదిక కూడా ఏర్పాటుచేశారు.

పారిశ్రామిక, ఆర్థిక ప్రగతికి ఊతం
ఆర్జీఐ ఎయిర్*పోర్టు పారిశ్రామిక, ఆర్థిక ప్రగతికి ఊతమిస్తున్నది. తెలంగాణ రాష్ట్ర అభివృద్ధిలో కీలకపాత్ర పోషిస్తూ వ్యాపార, విద్య, వైద్య, ఫన్*పోర్టు, లాజిస్టిక్ పార్క్ అండ్ ఎరోస్పేస్ పార్క్ అభివృద్ధికి దోహదం చేస్తున్నది. ఏడాదికి 1.5 లక్షల మెట్రిక్ టన్నుల కార్గో సేవలు అందిస్తున్నది. కార్గో సేవల్లో ఫార్మా ఇండస్ట్రీ నుంచే ఎక్కువ ఎగుమతులు జరుగుతున్నాయి. వస్తురవాణా చేసే 5 షెడ్యూల్డ్ ఎయిర్*లైన్స్ లుఫ్తానియా, కాథే ఫసిఫిక్, టర్కిష్, కతార్ ఎయిర్*వేస్ అండ్ బ్లూడార్ట్ ఇక్కడి నుంచి ఆపరేట్ చేయబడుతున్నాయి. వీటితోపాటు షావగోన్, ఇతిహాడ్ కార్గో, రష్యా, పోలేస్టర్ ఫ్రైటర్స్ కూడా ఇక్కడ నుంచే ఆపరేట్ చేయబడుతున్నాయి. ఇండియాలో ఫ్రీట్రేడ్ జోన్ ఉన్న ఒకే ఒక ఎయిర్*పోర్టుగా ఆర్జీఐకి గుర్తింపు ఉంది. దీనికోసం 19.85 ఎకరాల భూమి కేటాయించి దీనిలో కార్యకలాపాలు నిర్వహిస్తున్నారు.
Airport2
పటిష్టమైన భద్రత
అత్యంత అధునాతనమైన సాంకేతిక పరిజ్ఞానాన్ని ఉపయోగించి ఎయిర్*పోర్టులో పటిష్ఠమైన భద్రత, మెరుగైన ఆపరేషన్స్ నిర్వహిస్తున్నారు. ఎయిర్*పోర్టు ఆపరేషన్స్ కంట్రోల్ సెంటర్(ఏఓసీసీ) విధానం ద్వారా ప్యాసింజర్ ఇన్ఫర్మేషన్ అండ్ డిస్*ప్లే సిస్టమ్స్*ను సమర్ధవంతంగా నిర్వహిస్తున్నారు. ఎండ్ టూ ఎండ్ ఈ-బోర్డింగ్ సొల్యూషన్*తో సెక్యూరిటీ చెకింగ్ లేకుండానే డిపార్చర్ గేట్ ఎంట్రీలోకి వెళ్లొచ్చు.

పర్యావరణంపై ప్రత్యేక దృష్టి
ప్రయాణ సౌకర్యమే గాకుండా పర్యావరణహితంగానూ ఎయిర్*పోర్టను డిజైన్ చేశారు. ఇప్పటికే యూఎస్ గ్రీన్ బిల్డింగ్ కౌన్సిల్ చేత లీడ్ సర్టిఫికేషన్ పొందింది. శబ్దకాలుష్యం లేకుండా, కర్బన ఉద్గారాలు బయట పర్యావరణానికి చేటు కల్గించకుండా అన్ని జాగ్రత్తలు తీసుకున్నారు.త్వరలో ఎయిర్*పోర్టులో 100 శాతం ఎల్*ఈడీ బల్బులు ఏర్పాటుచేయనున్నారు. 10 మెగావాట్ల సోలార్ పవర్ ప్లాంట్*ను ఏర్పాటుచేసుకోవడంతోపాటు, వ్యర్ధపదార్థాలనుంచి కాలుష్యం వెదజల్లకుండా ఏర్పాట్లు చేశారు. వర్షపునీటిని వృధాకాకుండా రేయిన్ వాటర్ హర్వెస్టింగ్ చేస్తున్నారు.
Airport1
అంతర్జాతీయ అవార్డులు సొంతం
ఎయిర్*పోర్టు ప్రారంభమైన 2008లోనే లీడర్*షిప్ ఇన్ ఎనర్జీ అండ్ ఎన్విరాన్*మెంటల్ డిజైన్(లీడ్) అవార్డును కైవసం చేసుకుంది. డిజైన్, సహజ వెలుగులు, ఇతర పీచర్లకు ఈ అవార్డు లభించింది. ఇంధనం, నీటి వంటి సహజ వనరుల పరిరక్షణకు చేసిన కృషికి సిల్వర్ సర్టిఫికేషన్ పొందింది. 2009లోనే ఆర్జీఐ విమానాశ్రయం ప్రపంచంలోనే నంబర్*వన్ ఎయిర్*పోర్టుగా ప్రకటించబడింది. ఎయిర్*పోర్టు కౌన్సిల్ ఇంటర్నేషనల్ చేసే ఎయిర్*పోర్టు సర్వీస్ క్వాలిటీలో పదేండ్ల కాలంలో ఆర్జీఐ ఎయిర్*పోర్టు మొదటి మూడుస్థానాల్లోనే కొనసాగుతున్నదంటే ఎంతటి ఉత్తమ సేవలను అందిస్తున్నదో అర్ధం చేసుకోవచ్చు.
Airport5
ట్రాన్సిస్ట్ హబ్*గా ఆర్జీఐఏ
జీఎంఆర్ సీఈవో ఎస్*జీకే కిశోర్
వచ్చే 5 నుంచి 10 ఏండ్లలో రాజీవ్*గాంధీ అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయాన్ని ట్రాన్సిస్ట్*హబ్*గా మారుస్తామని జీఎంఆర్ హైదరాబాద్ విమానాశ్రయం సీఈవో ఎస్*జీకే కిషోర్ తెలిపారు. హైదరాబాద్ ద్వారా ఎక్కువ విమానాలు రాకపోకలు సాగించేలా ప్రణాళికలు రూపొందిస్తున్నామన్నారు. సంస్కరణల్లో భాగంగా ఈ-బోర్డింగ్ అమలుతోపాటు హ్యాండ్ బ్యాగేజ్ స్లాంపింగ్*ను తీసేసినట్టు వివరించారు. భవిష్యత్తులో పేపర్*లెస్ ట్రావెల్*ను అందిస్తామన్నారు. టికెట్ స్థానంలో బయోమెట్రిక్ ఐడెంటిఫికేషన్*ను అందుబాటులోకి తీసుకువస్తామని చెప్పారు. దేశంలోనే మొదటి స్మార్ట్ ఆర్జీఐఏను తీర్చిదిద్దుతున్నామని తెలిపారు.

దశాబ్ది వేడుకలకు సీఎం కేసీఆర్
Airport3
శంషాబాద్: శంషాబాద్*లోని రాజీవ్*గాంధీ అంతర్జాతీయ విమానాశ్రయ పదో వార్షికోత్సవాలకు ముఖ్యమంత్రి కే చంద్రశేఖర్*రావు ముఖ్యఅతిథిగా హాజరవుతారని జీఎంఆర్ కమ్యూనికేషన్ ప్రతినిధివర్గాలు గురువారం ఒక ప్రకటనలో తెలిపాయి. శుక్రవారం జరిగే ఈ వేడుకల్లో కేంద్ర సివిల్ ఏవియేషన్ సహాయమంత్రి జయంత్*సిన్హా, రాష్ట్రమంత్రులు కేటీఆర్, మహేందర్*రెడ్డి, ఎంపీ విశ్వేశ్వర్*రెడ్డి, ఎమ్మెల్యే ప్రకాశ్*గౌడ్, కేంద్ర సివిల్ ఏవియేషన్ మంత్రిత్వశాఖ కార్యదర్శి రాజీవ్*చోబే, ప్రభుత్వ ప్రధాన కార్యదర్శి ఎస్కే జోషి తదితరులు కూడా పాల్గొంటారని ఆ వర్గాలు పేర్కొన్నాయి. సాయంత్రం 3 గంటలకు ఎయిర్*పోర్టులోని హజ్*టర్మినల్*లో వేడుకలు ప్రారంభమవుతాయి. ముఖ్యమంత్రి కేసీఆర్ ఎయిర్*పోర్టు విస్తరణ పనులకు శంకుస్థాపన చేయడంతోపాటు, ఎయిర్*పోర్టు సిటీ లాంచింగ్, కన్వెన్షన్ సెంటర్, ఎగ్జిబిషన్*ను ప్రారంభిస్తారని, జీఎంఆర్ వరలక్ష్మి ఫౌండేషన్ సెంటర్*ను సందర్శిస్తారని ఎయిర్*పోర్టువర్గాలు వెల్లడించాయి.

unquote
news about 10 year celebration and foundation stone for expansion/airport city /convention centre and exhibhition centre.
any one has info about convention centre, is this as big as hitex?

·
Registered
197 Posts
GMR begins work on Hyderabad airport expansion

It's forward looking by creating capacity of 30 million. Also, fully integrated Aero City, with a largest Convention Center, Hotels, Shopping Centers, Recreational areas, Office Space and many more. Watch the video link posted above for more info.

Also, MR GM Rao stated they can create 100 million capacity in Hyd Airport with total 4 runways. I thought Hyd Airport will have a maximum capacity of 50 Million! :banana:

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...derabad-airport-expansion/article23336535.ece

·
Registered
880 Posts
It's forward looking by creating capacity of 30 million. Also, fully integrated Aero City, with a largest Convention Center, Hotels, Shopping Centers, Recreational areas, Office Space and many more. Watch the video link posted above for more info.

Also, MR GM Rao stated they can create 100 million capacity in Hyd Airport with total 4 runways. I thought Hyd Airport will have a maximum capacity of 50 Million! :banana:

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...derabad-airport-expansion/article23336535.ece
Is it only runway expansion or terminal expansion also.

·
Registered
381 Posts

With the kind of upward mobility we are seeing in the aviation sector in India, I would not be surprised if airports like HYD, BLR, MAA and CCU cross 30 million in next 5 years (some of them in less than 5) and inch closer to 50 million in the next 10 years. Take DEL as an example, it had 24 million passengers in 2007-08 and by the end of 2015-16, the passenger count went on to more than 48 million and moving close to 60 million in less than 3 years hence, that is adding about 4 million every year in last 3 years!

This kind of growth trajectory in Indian skies warrants thinking of 100 million with multiple terminals, passenger amenities, social, commercial and entertainment facilities, infrastructure upgrade to ease of passenger movement inside and outside the airport in all the A1 cities. Although I understand it has to be done in a phased manner, and based on the individual profile of the airport, but having a vision is imperative in this sector.

With already private owned airports at HYD and BLR owning large swathes of land and collecting UDF from passengers, it is only expected of them to have the vision for expansion!

5941 - 5960 of 8062 Posts