Skyscraper City Forum banner
7501 - 7520 of 7647 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
The "So Called" Unshrinked Airport i.e. HYD loses connection to SIN. Singapore airlines has canceled HYD route. No info as of now when it will be resumed. While "So Called" Shrinked Airport i.e. BLR will see no changes in the frequency of SQ; 10 weekly using a wide-body aircraft A350-900. An unshrinked Airport all set to shrink, isn't it????

Note: Plz don't take me wrong here. I am sad that this happened, decreasing the over all frequencies to SIN from india in particular, and i know this route will happen again, very soon. This is only to those who humiliated BLR by saying it shrinked.
FYI there are no services from either HYD or BLR at the moment. Singapore has recently allowed flights from India under their Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) program, and so far only MAA, BOM and DEL (the top 3 airports to SIN) are included. Most of the VBM flights are to MAA/TRZ as well, none touch BLR/HYD (of late). There used to be 1x weekly AI SIN-BLR but that seems to have stopped.

·
Registered
PrasadVivek
387 Posts
The "So Called" Unshrinked Airport i.e. HYD loses connection to SIN. Singapore airlines has canceled HYD route. No info as of now when it will be resumed. While "So Called" Shrinked Airport i.e. BLR will see no changes in the frequency of SQ; 10 weekly using a wide-body aircraft A350-900. An unshrinked Airport all set to shrink, isn't it????
This news was discussed in 2020 already. Plz check out #6,804 at once.

·
Registered
447 Posts
FYI there are no services from either HYD or BLR at the moment. Singapore has recently allowed flights from India under their Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) program, and so far only MAA, BOM and DEL (the top 3 airports to SIN) are included. Most of the VBM flights are to MAA/TRZ as well, none touch BLR/HYD (of late). There used to be 1x weekly AI SIN-BLR but that seems to have stopped.
Even blr didn’t get the vtl flight right? Let’s see once scoot gets going. Hopefully vistara can feed into the Singapore airlines flights. Geography wise it doesn’t make sense where one travels northwards and then again south wards to Singapore presuming vistara doesn’t fly to maa from Hyderabad.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Indigo used to fly to Singapore from Hyd right for a short while?
Not sure if they ever flew but 6E had filed for multiple INTL eastbound routes ex HYD pre COVID, including CMB, BKK and SIN.

I am interested to see how Rono Dutta’s 4-pillar strategy for INTL works post COVID. They were forcing a lot of traffic through CCU for example (like Vietnam) because it was one of the pillars - I was told both Fairfax and GMR were none too pleased with it but hey the slate is more or less wiped clean after the pandemic and everyone has to start from scratch all over again.

For HYD, TG will be an important start since the eastbound connections have been dead for a long time which really hurt cargo during the pandemic.

A certain red-tailed airline lobbied successfully to reverse a 3 decade old open skies for cargo earlier this year and hopping freighters were also blocked, depriving HYD of long-standing LH and CX freighter connections (must have pleased BLR though since they consolidated there!!)

Once TG and the likes return, some solace and hopefully, recovery will be there for HYD in particular for imports which primarily originate from North/SE Asia.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Won’t be surprised if Indigo or GoAir(unlikely) fill the void is SQ doesn’t resume soon
Yes, very likely that 6E will introduce HYD-SIN route. There are also some rumours that G8 is going to operate BLR-SIN. Even G8 can begin HYD-SIN. Not forgeting AI, very likely even they might operate this route.There are 4 airlines operating this route from BLR; 6E- Daily, Singapore airlines-10 weekly, AI 3x weekly and G8 4x weekly (rumours). Still, no clear image of this until March 2022.

·
Registered
294 Posts
VTL are slightly different flights. Though, scheduled but not regular scheduled flights. Don't confuse with VTL and regular scheduled flights. At the moment SQ, 6E, AI operate SIN from BLR, but more of cargo flights.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A certain red-tailed airline lobbied successfully to reverse a 3 decade old open skies for cargo earlier this year and hopping freighters were also blocked, depriving HYD of long-standing LH and CX freighter connections (must have pleased BLR though since they consolidated there!!
Blockage of hopping freighters was due to policy ? The lobbying that I read about of from those times was with respect to restriction of ad-hoc freighters to 6 major airports.

I thought the suspension of hopping freighter was concerned with crew restrictions.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Cargo is important for airport progress. Valid Point cheers. But the geographical location of the HYD is not conducive to cargo. Plans are being drawn up for cargo shipments here in 3 or 4 years.
Actually Hyderabad's geographical location is MORE conducive to cargo than Bangalore's. Hyderabad has fewer major airports in close proximity than Bangalore does and is the closest major airport to most of the upper Deccan, AP and Chhattisgarh.

In the meanwhile, Bangalore has Chennai that is just 320 km away. A huge competitor that's had a decades long legacy of a strong cargo presence. In fact, Bangalore has far more regional competitors for passenger traffic as well. Tamil Nadu has 4 international airport - Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy & Madurai. Kerala also has 4 intl airports - Kochi, Kozhikode, Kannur and Trivandrum. Karnataka has Mangalore & Bangalore. In total, the southern tip of India (Mangalore-Bangalore-Chennai latitude and lower) has 10 international airports - the highest density of major airports in India. KIA Bangalore has still shown tremendous growth despite having a much smaller catchment area than Hyderabad does.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Actually Hyderabad's geographical location is MORE conducive to cargo than Bangalore's. Hyderabad has fewer major airports in close proximity than Bangalore does and is the closest major airport to most of the upper Deccan, AP and Chhattisgarh.

In the meanwhile, Bangalore has Chennai that is just 320 km away. A huge competitor that's had a decades long legacy of a strong cargo presence. In fact, Bangalore has far more regional competitors for passenger traffic as well. Tamil Nadu has 4 international airport - Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy & Madurai. Kerala also has 4 intl airports - Kochi, Kozhikode, Kannur and Trivandrum. Karnataka has Mangalore & Bangalore. In total, the southern tip of India (Mangalore-Bangalore-Chennai latitude and lower) has 10 international airports - the highest density of major airports in India. KIA Bangalore has still shown tremendous growth despite having a much smaller catchment area than Hyderabad does.
It’s not about the area, it’s about what the industries are close to it. Textile, auto, so many of them. Etc

·
Registered
PrasadVivek
387 Posts

Bangalore is a southern city with a completely Dravidian smell. Hyderabad is a city with a mixed Dravidian and Southern Aryan culture. From here we can reach cities like Bhopal, Mumbai and Jabalpur by road at the same time as we can reach Bangalore. The public transport and cargo transport you say is as competitive on the road as it is on the air route from here. The air cargo we claim contributes to the development of the airport. Urban development should not be linked to air cargo(Domestic) exports. There are more industries around Bangalore and Chennai than around Hyderabad. They are heavy industries like machinery, food, cotton. Here are products with low tonnage, such as Pharma and Biotech.

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
Bangalore is a southern city with a completely Dravidian smell. Hyderabad is a city with a mixed Dravidian and Southern Aryan culture.
What have these "smells" and so-called "southern aryan culture" got to do with cargo & logistics of any airport?

Kindly refrain from bringing in crap like this into discussions and keep the discussions civil all the time instead of attempting to take envious digs in future.

·
Registered
PrasadVivek
387 Posts
What have these "smells" and so-called "southern aryan culture" got to do with cargo & logistics of any airport?

Kindly refrain from bringing in crap like this into discussions and keep the discussions civil all the time instead of attempting to take envious digs in future.
I used those words to determine their geographical locations. You can count them as South and South Central. If you find it crap then it's not my fault. No more discussions about this please

In the above articles some people have said that they do not want those HYD VS BLR discussions. What does it mean to start such discussions again?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Bangalore is a southern city with a completely Dravidian smell. Hyderabad is a city with a mixed Dravidian and Southern Aryan culture. From here we can reach cities like Bhopal, Mumbai and Jabalpur by road at the same time as we can reach Bangalore. The public transport and cargo transport you say is as competitive on the road as it is on the air route from here. The air cargo we claim contributes to the development of the airport. Urban development should not be linked to air cargo(Domestic) exports. There are more industries around Bangalore and Chennai than around Hyderabad. They are heavy industries like machinery, food, cotton. Here are products with low tonnage, such as Pharma and Biotech.
Are heavy industries driving air cargo shipments? Air cargo traffic is driven by the movement of perishable goods and other high priority items such as parcel delivery. The public transport industry is just as competitive on the road as the air here in Bangalore. Regarding food, flowers, cotton, etc. are you telling me that there's no agriculture in the vicinity of Hyderabad?

The reason I mentioned that Bangalore has no geographical advantage is because there are more direct flight options to cities in the extreme south than to cities in south central India. There is less of a need to use Bangalore as a transit medium. Given the smaller catchment area for the airport, KIAs rapid growth is mainly due to 1)The city's local economy and growth itself and 2) the business approach of BIAL.

7501 - 7520 of 7647 Posts