Skyscraper City Forum banner
7521 - 7540 of 7579 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
^^^737 800

There is some good news for HYD. HYD will have Daily flights to SIN. :love: :love:

3×weekly by SIA(B737) and 4x weekly by Scoot(A320). (y) (y) (y)

• "From Hyderabad to Singapore: SQ523, which will depart from Hyderabad (HYD) at 10:50 pm to arrive in Singapore (SIN) at 6:00 am (+1). The flight will be operated with a Boeing 737-8 aircraft three times a week. Flight resumes on December 1, 2021.
  • From Hyderabad to Singapore: TR575, which will depart from Hyderabad (HYD) at 11:15 pm to arrive in Singapore (SIN) at 6:15 am (+1). The flight will be operated with an Airbus A320 aircraft four times a week. Flight resumes on November 30, 2021."
Eventually, as SIA get more 737 MAX delivered, that aircraft should be back to HYD like it was prior to the groundings. Its's great that Singapore Airlines is back to HYD after around a decade.

·
Registered
PrasadVivek
340 Posts
Damn, even Ahmedabad gets A350 why not HYD ?
View attachment 2401727
Actually AMD is SQ's old service. HYD is an old service transferred from Silk Air. If we check 15 years old SQ's data, A four-times-weekly B777 service was launched to Hyderabad in October 2005. In later years the route was shifted to SilkAir and Scoot, which were less configurable aircrafts due to SQ's financial reasons.

·
Registered
PrasadVivek
340 Posts

• "From Hyderabad to Singapore: SQ523, which will depart from Hyderabad (HYD) at 10:50 pm to arrive in Singapore (SIN) at 6:00 am (+1). The flight will be operated with a Boeing 737-8 aircraft three times a week. Flight resumes on December 1, 2021.
  • From Hyderabad to Singapore: TR575, which will depart from Hyderabad (HYD) at 11:15 pm to arrive in Singapore (SIN) at 6:15 am (+1). The flight will be operated with an Airbus A320 aircraft four times a week. Flight resumes on November 30, 2021."
Eventually, as SIA get more 737 MAX delivered, that aircraft should be back to HYD like it was prior to the groundings. Its's great that Singapore Airlines is back to HYD after around a decade.
Can you say anything about KL, LH? KLM successfully ran HYD with almost 90% load for almost 4 years from 2005 to 2009.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Can you say anything about KL, LH? KLM successfully ran HYD with almost 90% load for almost 4 years from 2005 to 2009.
KLM will come back just not now though. You have to look at the fleet renewal as well. Lufthansa was whining about the air bubble agreements as there is a seat cap. Unless these hurdles are taken off they won’t be launching anything new. I don’t understand this fascination with European carriers. We should be trying for some of the Asian airlines Like ana and jal etc.

·
Registered
264 Posts
KLM will come back just not now though. You have to look at the fleet renewal as well. Lufthansa was whining about the air bubble agreements as there is a seat cap. Unless these hurdles are taken off they won’t be launching anything new. I don’t understand this fascination with European carriers. We should be trying for some of the Asian airlines Like ana and jal etc.
KLM tried in early 2021 and wanted to come back with limited flights to HYD under the air bubble scheme. MoCA shot it down saying max they were willing to allow for KLM were two destinations under bubble which they were already flying to (BOM and DEL).

For far too long the policymaking has been airline-centric at the cost of other stakeholders such as airports, ground handling agencies, duty free operators and the public at large - this approach, sacrificing the interests of general travelling public and the economy at large (think of all those companies that need access to passenger/cargo services at good enough frequencies, capacities and competitive prices) has played the biggest role in limiting the natural growth of aviation in our market. Unfortunately, the affected parties don't have a unified voice whereas the ones playing the victim card loudly, in particular an airline well known for its 'sprawling' fleet of wet-leased aircraft have the loudest voice and the best access to 'policymakers'. Also, it doesn't help that the public too perceives aviation as basically airlines, so their proclamations easily get a big chunk of the public mindshare too.

In the above case of AMS-HYD, Telangana government too was involved but MoCA would not budge since it would have been unfair on 'our' carriers which as we all know already possess a vast fleet of wide-bodies that have been just dying to service the route if not for pesky overseas competition. I think the last couple of MoCA admin setups, and in particular the one with former BMRCL boss in it have been the most openly, blatantly pro-airline grouping (at the cost of everyone else. I am hopeful that with a certain disruptive new airport operator with 'connections' coming in, it might rebalance the equation in some interesting ways 😆

Anyways I am just a random guy ranting on the internet so take it for what its worth, no compulsion on anyone to believe this. Can't provide any proof that is in the public domain.

·
Registered
113 Posts
KLM tried in early 2021 and wanted to come back with limited flights to HYD under the air bubble scheme. MoCA shot it down saying max they were willing to allow for KLM were two destinations under bubble which they were already flying to (BOM and DEL).

For far too long the policymaking has been airline-centric at the cost of other stakeholders such as airports, ground handling agencies, duty free operators and the public at large - this approach, sacrificing the interests of general travelling public and the economy at large (think of all those companies that need access to passenger/cargo services at good enough frequencies, capacities and competitive prices) has played the biggest role in limiting the natural growth of aviation in our market. Unfortunately, the affected parties don't have a unified voice whereas the ones playing the victim card loudly, in particular an airline well known for its 'sprawling' fleet of wet-leased aircraft have the loudest voice and the best access to 'policymakers'. Also, it doesn't help that the public too perceives aviation as basically airlines, so their proclamations easily get a big chunk of the public mindshare too.

In the above case of AMS-HYD, Telangana government too was involved but MoCA would not budge since it would have been unfair on 'our' carriers which as we all know already possess a vast fleet of wide-bodies that have been just dying to service the route if not for pesky overseas competition. I think the last couple of MoCA admin setups, and in particular the one with former BMRCL boss in it have been the most openly, blatantly pro-airline grouping (at the cost of everyone else. I am hopeful that with a certain disruptive new airport operator with 'connections' coming in, it might rebalance the equation in some interesting ways 😆

Anyways I am just a random guy ranting on the internet so take it for what its worth, no compulsion on anyone to believe this. Can't provide any proof that is in the public domain.
Wasn't there an article posted here some time back that said that over 500 passengers flew from HYD to EU before Covid. So even after taking a fragmented market into account, there is scope for one of LH, AF or KL to take a shot at HYD.

As for KLM, I feel for them. Unlike LHR, FRA and CDG, they are screwed by the fact that no Indian airlines flies to AMS since 9W went bust. So MoCA probably has no incentive to expand the bubble arrangement with the Netherlands. Now KLM is struck with a 4 times a week flight to DEL and a 3 times a week flight to BOM and they are sending the 777-300ER, their biggest aircraft to these routes. BLR too is suffering because of this restriction.

As far as the air bubbles are concerned, even Indian airlines are now starting to question the wisdom of continuing with this arrangement. One can only hope that MoCA smells the coffee and scraps them soon.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Argument from ministry or civil aviation is contradictory. Right now emirates and Qatar are flying people out like crazy to us even though according to the agreement they shouldn’t. I don’t know why they are behaving like this. There should be a uniformity, right now the fares are through the roof. Govt is loosing precious exchequer to these airlines. I am not even sure as to what the govt is trying to achieve, nobody has the wide bodies right now except air India. Even vistara wide bodies are only good for Europe. Are they trying to create a field where Tata can milk some money. The problem is that many of the wide bodies need to be overhauled which would take time. Me too just want to rant.

·
Registered
442 Posts

I didn’t get the part where you said something about bmrcl boss. What is it? Can you please explain?

·
Registered
308 Posts

Some fake content in this Link☝☝☝. AMD has only 1x weekly not 4x weekly flights. The flight will operate only on TUE.

7521 - 7540 of 7579 Posts