SkyscraperCity Forum banner
7641 - 7660 of 8062 Posts

·
Registered
PrasadVivek
559 Posts
SQ offering 150 low yield seats From/To daily + TR offering 180 seats From /To (4X weekly). In my opinion it is time to deploy the TR / SQ wide body aircraft. Suppose some KUL pax is diverted to SQ. However this is higher than expected.

·
Registered
112 Posts
^^

First Tier-2 city flight by Vistara from HYD.

HYD, the second airport in South after BLR to get a Tier-2 city connection by Vistara after 7 years of flying.
Recently ive taken this Vistara from Chandigarh to Hyd in the afternoon. Surprisingly flight was all most 85 percent full. Enjoyed 2.15 hours of journey nicely by connecting to their Vistara Limited internet

·
Registered
451 Posts
3rd wave effect on HYD (Such as transit airports) seems to be minimal. Again A321 type narrow body large aircrafts heavily (very) deployed in HYD.
Unfortunately not the case. Network effects have ensured the traffic reduction across all major metro airports in Jan 2022. Occupancy, flight movements all are down across the board and HYD is no exception.

My sources tell me:

HYD is now handling 25k to 30k DOM pax daily (down from 50k plus in Dec’21)

BLR 30-35k (60k+ earlier)

DEL 60-65k (100k+ earlier)

All are approx figures of course.

·
Registered
PrasadVivek
559 Posts
Unfortunately not the case. Network effects have ensured the traffic reduction across all major metro airports in Jan 2022. Occupancy, flight movements all are down across the board and HYD is no exception.

My sources tell me:

HYD is now handling 25k to 30k DOM pax daily (down from 50k plus in Dec’21)

BLR 30-35k (60k+ earlier)

DEL 60-65k (100k+ earlier)

All are approx figures of course.
Until December, HYD progress was slightly slower (pre covid levels) compared to BLR / CCU at Daily atms. But passenger transport from HYD went well. Even now there is no big difference in the number of atms.

·
Registered
87 Posts
BIAL is massive...

Bial T2 will be the best looking terminal in India once its finished. Curious about how GMR will implement our T2(still long way to go). I hope they dont go with the exact replica of T1 as mentioned in their DPRs, would love to see something more creative like bial T2.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I don't think the first pic is Hyderabad airport, the roof is different and so is the color of the glass panels. I think the airport expansion is scheduled to be completed by the year end i.e. 2022.

Hyderabad T2 is many years away....5-10 years easily, by then a lot will change, to start speculating it's design right now. Am sure GMR will do a great job, just like they are going about the current expansion.

7641 - 7660 of 8062 Posts