SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think it is only a matter or time before HYD gets directly connected to USA.

The traffic should sizeable already. MNC investment is booming and Development centres, Aerospace and Pharma will drive growth. Even among VFR traffic, Hyderabad, Telangana and Andhra area has high-yield casual travellers.

However, not sure which would be the preferred port of call for travellers too and from HYD.

DTW? New York Tri State? LAX?

Which is I think the problem. Demand is too dispersed which is met by Air India Delhi Hub, Middle East carriers and East Asian hubs.
It would be mostly Delta now to add the flight to hyderabad.
AA i doubt they will add another route to india until they gauge the response on their BLR flight.

I am pretty sure KLM will add something to europe this year mostly if they get some more dreamliners.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I doubt it, at this point some Euro operator with A321XLR is the best chance.

Among US carriers Delta maintains higher margins and more paid premium passengers. Compare DL,UA and AI on NYC-BOM sector.

Both UA and AA are low margin operators with poor service quality.

DL JFK-BOM first prize, UA SFO-DEL second prize and AA SEA-BLR a consolation prize.
We will see, i doubt if UA and AA are going to add another flight to india this year atleast.
Delta has the best aircraft in terms of range a350.
KLM has been saying for ages that they are still studying the market. I dont know when will that finish.
Somehow GMR is very conservative dont speak out too much compared to BLR.
I dont know whether they dont market the airport that well or not but atleast compared to BLR they are not.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Don't know whether this has been already posted but nonetheless, Indigo is starting a direct flight to Singapore from April 15.

6E 1213 HYD 19:50 03:15 SIN
6E 1218 SIN 04:15 06:35 HYD

https://www.goindigo.in/information/new-flights.html
So finally we have singapore, need Bangkok once the corona virus scare settles down.
But indigo has some very rigid baggage prices, its higher than scoot.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hyderabad needs some international flights to europe post covid is what i meant. Biggest problem to this airport are the middle eastern airlines. They take the lion share of the international departures. Emirates used to have 3 daily, thats a lot a for a single city.

·
Registered
456 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Emirates. Emirates operates three daily services to few cities in India. The company's awareness of the financial viability of our people.Emirates tried to launches fourth daily service also to reduce European airlines' presence in Bangalore before Covid.Emirates' A380 aircraft also flies to Mumbai
Mumbai air traffic and hyderabad's cannot be compared and it almost twice the size of hyderabad in terms of sheer numbers. Few middle eastern airlines dominating just will suck the oxygen left for any other international airline to enter.

·
Registered
456 Posts
GMR to expand Hyderabad airport with ₹6,300 cr investment: Report

GMR Group will invest ₹6,300 crore in Hyderabad's Rajiv Gandhi International Airport to expand the aerodrome's capacity to 34 million passengers per annum by 2024, as per a senior executive of the company. Funds for the expansion have been secured, Antoine Crombez, Deputy CEO, GMR Airports Ltd, told news agency PTI, adding most part of the finance is through bonds issuance.

This is as part of Hyderabad (airport) expansion both domestic side and international side of the airport. We are investing ₹6,300 crore. It is investment to expand capacity to reach 34 million passenger capacity by 2024," Crombez told PTI on the sidelines of an Investment Conclave organised by the Indo-French Chamber of Commerce & Industry (IFCCI).

What do you folks think? Are the priorities right for an expansion to be done. I believe they should invest in a rail connectivity to the city.

·
Registered
456 Posts
GMR has also held discussions with SCR for the extension of MMTS services to the airport,they were hesitant earlier but there are reports of GMR agreeing to hand over some land for the construction of an MMTS station,it’ll be an extension from Umda Nagar.
Oh ok, so they will have a line splitting from umdanagar going towards the airport?

·
Registered
456 Posts
As the number of Covid-19 cases steadily comes down across the country, the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport here is bustling with activity, with October 9 recording the highest (domestic and international) passenger footfall of nearly 48,000 and 350 Air Traffic Movements, which is 77 per cent of pre-Covid numbers.
The most popular domestic destinations in terms of passenger volume were Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru while international travelers preferred Dubai, Doha and Sharjah.
As passengers kept coming in, the airport expanded its portfolio as well, connecting 65 domestic destinations as compared to 55 destinations in the pre-Covid period. In the last quarter, new domestic sectors like Rajkot, Srinagar and Jamnagar were added.
Usually what’s the daily passenger footfall pre covid?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Can we have air France flying in..

Ktr has been called to Paris for the event. I guess something on those lines would discussed.

Well these are all my assumptions..
Both klm and Air France are not going to come until restrictions on the travel are lifted. We are still a high risk country if you see the Dutch portal. We will have to wait until these bubbles go away. If we get lucky we might get an American airline, but right now even that is difficult. Look Blr route they have been postponing so many times.

·
Registered
456 Posts
2019-2020 US-BLR PDEW was close to 2000 a day(average). EU?
During the Same time period for the Top 5 BLR-EU markets, the avg PDEW was 1900.

HYD-US is a slightly bigger market than BLR-US, but the issue is the lower yields (Revenue passenger miles) on the sector.
Thank you for the insight. Question i see two flights, QR 0502 Airbus A320 and QR 0500 Airbus A350-900 from qatar daily from doha to hyderabad, how are the filling their business class? A350 definitely has a big suite to fill. When i travelled last through qatar atleast front cabin was full, not sure if they were upgraded or not.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Again, i keep saying this many times. Annual passenger numbers are just a part of route planning, but defintely not the most important.
Airlines need to make money and cover its operating costs. Looking at the numbers in the article above, US-HYD can easily be served if profit margins are not considered.o

AC/UA/AA/DL need to make a lot of money on such ULH, they need to fill the front cabins + fill the lower deck with high yielding cargo too.
If the US3 do plan to add another desination in India soon, it will be HYD over MAA, but MAA has the cargo revenue advantage. HYD, unfortunately does not (acc to several freight forwarders).
But there is def a lot of scope for HYD. Good Luck :)
Very true MAA has a cargo advantage. Sir LH used to fly to BLR right, what was it to FRA or else Munich? BLR definitely has some high yielding passengers. Have you heard as to when other airlines are coming back like thai airways and air asia ?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Also, i forgot to mention, its better for an airline to fly than, to make them sit in storage. They make more money flying than in storage, basically. I believe Costs are higher for the aircraft to return back to its fleet(C Check, D-check etc), than flying.
True, but they could have sent a smaller plane, A350 thats like flying to delhi. Delhi usually gets A320, 787 and A350. Probably you are right, hyderabad traffic is just too high to the US. I wouldnt be surprised if they fly a single A380. Emirates is also flying couple of 777 daily. Looks like US traffic is up and the backlog of people flying are more.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Bangkok-Hyderabad and return, from Bangkok on Mondays, Fridays and Sundays (from Jan 1).

So thai doesnt fly to US, didnt know that. Also their fleet looks so small, all wide bodies.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts