SkyscraperCity banner

961 - 980 of 7080 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Updates on Trial Run

Hi, My name is Syed Minhajuddin and i am following this site since the starting of this thread. Does anyone have any update on startup of trial run as far as i came to know that its in next week. Please update if anyone has any info. thanks

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Wooohoooo

Source: Wooohooooo !!!!

So we are almost there now that commercial airline landing and take off tests will be conducted on coming tuesday ... Haven't heard abt such tests from BIAL yet ... but Jetairways has a 747 ?!?

Two Flights To Land At Hyderabad's New Airport Tuesday
Saturday 09th of February 2008
Hyderabad's new international airport is all set to receive its first commercial flights as part of test operations Tuesday.

The GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL) announced that a Kingfisher Airlines A320 and a Boeing 747 of Jet Airways will land on the runway at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad, about 25 km from the city.

GHAIL Friday announced that the aircrafts with selected invitees and VIPs would take off from the existing airport at Begumpet in the heart of the city for Mumbai Tuesday morning. The flights will then take off for the new airport at Shamshabad at 2 p.m.

The Kingfisher flight will be the first to touch down on the runway at 4.10 p.m. while the Jet Airways flight will land 15 minutes later.

Union Minister for Civil Aviation Praful Patel and Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy will receive the passengers on the tarmac.

'These will be the first commercial flights to land at the airport,' said a GHIAL official.

The authorities have already tested the facilities with smaller aircraft. With the landing and take-off of commercial flights, the facilities will prove their readiness for commercial operations from March 16.

GHIAL has already completed 96 percent of the work and the remaining will be over before the end of February. The installation and testing of equipments in the 70-metre-tall Air Traffic Control (ATC) tower has already been completed.

·
MAVerick
5,849 Posts

·
Ramesh
970 Posts
Oohh La la - C'est superbe - The new benchmark for all future airports in India...looks nice in everyway - I see the new Panther fire/crash tenders here too - looks liek many Indian airports are getting them - DIAL, BIAL, Kolkatta,HIAL - dunno about MIAL...

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
i believe those flowing lines on roofs gives very nice feeling for the passengers ... yea, the same panthers all over ...

961 - 980 of 7080 Posts