SkyscraperCity banner

1001 - 1020 of 7077 Posts

·
MAVerick
5,849 Posts
Great finish. However I would like to see some landscaping with green lawns in those open areas where soil is exposed..

One could easily mistake for landing in an European city.
I believe they hired the same company that has done the Singapore Airport's Landscaping....so we will surely gonna have a great landscaping work starting soon!

:)

·
MAVerick
5,849 Posts
the floors could have used a better finishing though...
looking at everything else i think its not that much noticeable....
Hey man....check your Inbox once!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
On a lighter note Harsh - taking a leaf from HK's new airport when it opened for business, there was a chorus of complaints from women passengers and women workers at the airport that the shiny - almost mirror like flooring - reflections were not desired at all as they provided ample - er .. 'ponderment and wonderment' for the visions of the opposite sex! If you know what i mean.

Of course, the HK airport authority did nothing and let the rant die its natural death. But I guess HIAL took some lessons from CLK and left the polishing in a not so perfect state. :)

Cheers
p2p4

Hey man....check your Inbox once!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone has the info on waiting lounge inside terminal? Is it the same way as we have in our present airport like a single waiting lounge or is it like what we have in dubai airport a separate waiting areas for each gates.

·
World Entertainer.
1,801 Posts
I Was Expecting This Kinda Airport I'm in Love With This Airport Now.GMR Has Done Quite Exceptional
Job Great Round Of Applause To The Team Please.

·
luvhydbad
234 Posts
FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!PHOTOGENIC!!!!!

simply

KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS KICKASS

happy tears rolled down my eyes after viewing the pics. The photos on http://www.telugulo.com/display_photo_gallery.php?gallery=631 are a great source to relish this beauty.

i was really crying when i was typing the comments. I am really proud to be an Indian. Indians or simply India can prove to the world now that it has a real chance to make it big in terms of infrastructure and now we may have a fair chance to compete with China as it is becoming a pioneer in terms of infrastructure development. China is trying to catch up with India in terms of English speaking prowess and IT skills. So we are even with them trying to catch up with infrastructure development. Let this development silence all the critics who simply think that such things are right from a fairy tale and Hyderabad can never really boast of such things. Hyderabad has proved that it has the will and a way. Great going for Hyderabad!!!!!! I hope you understand what I mean.

God bless Hyderabad!!!!

Sorry for the color, font and wording. These are the only words right now from me.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

·
luvhydbad
234 Posts
Oh my lord!!! look at the "halo" behind the ATC tower. I would not say that this airport is a beast. It is simply a beauty. :crazy: Look at the fire engine. thats a beast!!! ;).

really!!! All these which were till now lurking in foreign lands finally coming to India. wow!!!! This is what we need to boost our image and stepping stones to the first world. Though the road is far from the first world, as many forumers said, a thousand mile's journey always starts from the first step. This is the first step in terms of infrastructure. Once again proud to be an Indian. :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
651 Posts
wow..AMAZING!!!!.. This is what we needed now.. Now everything will be OK.. Just look at delhi metro, when it was conceived, everybody oppose it, now see.. every other town want a metro.. the same way.. Now Hyderabad Airport is built and will start operation.. automatically others will follow..... and i am sure we really gonna have bunch of modern and sleek airport all around the country....

·
Registered
89 Posts

source:http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2254251525/

the floors could have used a better finishing though...
looking at everything else i think its not that much noticeable....

Man 'o Man......i should have logged in on sunday night to check for updates.
If you guys remember, we all were pondering over stuff......like, if GMR could actually finish the Airport in time for opening.....the new pictures show we should not have doubted them :).
I don't have many words looking at the Airport pictures.
Noticed one thing though.......in the above picture take notice of the sign that's on the extreme right in the picture (a blue sign with an arrow), that's looks really kool and exactly like in Amsterdam schipol Airport.
I know that this Airport is similar to the one in OSLO, but our Airport looks way too cool now.
LET'S GO HYDERABAD
:banana:

·
I'd Hit it!
87 Posts
On a lighter note Harsh - taking a leaf from HK's new airport when it opened for business, there was a chorus of complaints from women passengers and women workers at the airport that the shiny - almost mirror like flooring - reflections were not desired at all as they provided ample - er .. 'ponderment and wonderment' for the visions of the opposite sex! If you know what i mean.

Of course, the HK airport authority did nothing and let the rant die its natural death. But I guess HIAL took some lessons from CLK and left the polishing in a not so perfect state. :)

Cheers
p2p4
:lol:

BTW, the airport has come up really well. :cheers:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Absolutely beautiffffffful.... fantastiiiiic..... stunningggggggg.........:cheers1:

I wish we bangaloreans somehow got star trek technology and could flick HIAL airport to devanahalli and give you our giant warehouse in return....

Now it is clear why our airport doesnt have a name !!!! after seeing HIAL, which politician would want to lend his (or his leader's) name to BIAL ? :wtf:

I think HIAL (after DMRC) is another reminder to our people that the engineering and management talent we have within is many many many times superior (even though they dont speak that good English) to the imported rotten swiss chocolates that we bring in.

Dunno when we will learn that lesson, if ever ....:eek:hno:

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Hassle-free air travel on the cards

Source: Hindu

Nice information as well with official confirmation:

Hassle-free air travel on the cards

M.L. Melly Maitreyi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New airport to have 1.15 million sft integrated terminal for domestic/international flights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HYDERABAD: As the countdown for the high-profile inauguration on March 14 and commencement of operations from March 16 at the Shamshabad International Airport begins, the curiosity quotient among frequent fliers is mounting.

Will the experience of travelling public be truly enhanced? Will the not-so-pleasant prospect of long distance commuting to the airport be more than compensated by proposed world-class facilities and services there?

These questions notwithstanding, officials at the GMR Hyderabad International Airport say they are leaving no stone unturned in providing a smooth and hassle-free experience - from the time a passenger enters the 1.15 million sft integrated terminal for domestic/international flights with 130 counters to completing formalities of check-in, security clearance and reaching the departure area.

Elaborate facilities

The departure area has shopping, F&B, retail and duty-free outlets where passengers can spend time till his/her ‘Gate’ is announced. Then, it is off to the elevator/escalator to reach ‘E’ level, enter the boarding bridge and get into the aircraft.

For those disembarking, four conveyor belts, one 70 m and three 90 m long (one dedicated to A 380), for domestic and international flights can take the baggage of 550 passengers at a time and expedite the process of baggage pick-up “The aim is to enable the first baggage to be picked up in 12 minutes and the last one in 29 minutes.”

Immigration counters for international travellers will be geared to clear formalities in 10 to 30 minutes. “This could be attained only when the staff is also attuned to the functioning in international airports, helping change the focus from the control to facilitating mode. To give them an orientation, staff from CISF, immigration, customs were taken to Singapore Airport,” they say.

First in India

Airport village, a first in India is the place for retail, restaurants, supermarkets outside the passenger terminal building. The 40,000-odd sft covered village with free entry is also the place where visitors can see off passengers.

There will be a separate car park for pre-paid, radio taxis with automated Flight Information Display System and a separate public transportation centre further away. The airport will run free shuttle service from terminal to the public transportation centre.

The international airport with 4.26 km runway, the longest in the country with one taxiway, 12 aero bridges, and the tallest ATC building at 75 m is also the first one in the country to have LEED certification for energy efficiency, officials say. The modular passenger terminal building has 12 skylights with ‘temple leaf’ architecture, to reflect distinct Indian culture.

The airport, to begin with, will operate 22 airlines to 35 destinations and handle 7 million passengers and 65 lakh tonnes freight a year. It is expected to operate to its present capacity of 12 million passengers and one lakh tonnes freight by the year 2011.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Inefficient and Uncaring Government - Express Highway to Airport, crawls

Source: http://www.exclventures.com/newslink-285.asp

Express Highway to Airport, crawls. No connectivity for years to come.
Ind Express 10.02.08
The international airport at Shamshabad may be coming up at a brisk pace ready to be unveiled on March 16 but the drive to the same could be bumpy at best and risky at worst.

Air passengers, all set to fly out of Hyderabad, beware. All roads may lead to Rome in an ideal world but surely, they don’t here. The first phase of the Outer Ring Road (ORR) from Gachibowli to Shamshabad – stretching up to 24 km – is supposed to take you fast to your flight.

The ground reality, though, is otherwise. This website's newspaper team, which travelled the entire stretch, found to its dismay that not even 50 per cent of the works have been completed. It will be a miracle if the ORR Phase I is completed and the road opened to the public by this yearend or by early 2009.

Though it is planned as an eight-lane route, initially four-lane connectivity is being laid and that too with great difficulty and at a snail’s pace. The ORR Phase I from Gachibowli to Shamshabad goes via Nanakramguda, Poppalguda, Narsingi, Manchirevula, Chilkur, Andhra Pradesh Police Academy (APPA), Himayatsagar and other areas. This website's newspaper team did not even find one km of perfect BT road on the route.

Drilling, earth and compaction works are going on. The labour employed is too thin. If it continues like this, ORR Phase may take even two years.

This website's newspaper team was threatened with dire consequence when it tried to capture the sloppy works on camera. At one place near Himayatsagar, where the road has to be laid though a hilly terrain, it found the hillocks are yet to be levelled. This alone will take about a year.

During the last few months, the Hyderabad Urban Development Authority (HUDA) and ORR authorities assured that the ORR Phase I would be completed to provide connectivity from Gachibowli to Shamshabad by March 2008 to synchronise connectivity to the international airport at Shamshabad.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh laid the foundation stone of ORR on January 3, 2006 and it was supposed to be completed before the commissioning of the airport.

Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, who is regularly reviewing the progress on the status of airport connectivity and ORR and the P V Narasimha Rao Elevated Expressway works, lashed out at the HUDA and ORR authorities and directed them to expedite works. Apparently, his words have fall on deaf ears.

Representatives of the two companies–– Russian construction major, Corporation Transstroy OJSC, which is laying the 11-km stretch (0-11 km) connecting Gachibowli and Shamshabad, and Continental Engineering Corporation of Taiwan, which started work on the 13.3-km (11 to 24.3 km) stretch between APPA and Shamshabad – cited the delay in land acquisition as the main reason for lagging behind schedule.

They, however, maintained that the works slowed down only near APPA and Chilkur reserve forest area. Work on structures like under passes, culverts, bridges and hillocks near Himayatsagar and Rajendranagar involving rock cutting are going on at a slow pace. When contacted HUDA and ORR officials admitted, "even if we start taking up works on a war-footing, it is difficult to complete them in about six months."

1001 - 1020 of 7077 Posts