Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, Wingårdhs won the competition with their project "The Embassy of Sharing". Most of the facades will be made of reclaimed/recycled material, so we should expect something with patina :).

The project is 55 000 sqm in total, with 27 000 sqm for residentials; The total investment amounts to 2.5 billion SEK.

Lets dive into some visuals. The first pack of images are from the Hyllie website:
http://www.hyllie.com/artikelarkiv/ett-lilla-torg-foer-hyllie.aspx

Link to larger images:
https://imgur.com/a/eD0PF

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This post is also of The Embassy of Sharing, but this time the images are taken from Wingårdhs website:
http://wingardhs.se/project/embassy-of-sharing/2017/0

The images from Wingårdhs show more details, and notice how all roofs have some kind of function. Either as gardens or as a track for running! The street level also looks very interesting, with many meeting places. It's perhaps what Lilla torg is to Stortorget in central Malmö.

Here we see the individual buildings that make up the project.

Link to high res and also swedish text.
https://imgur.com/a/JSCrp

·
Registered
26 Posts
Honestly. This looks like shit...
Why not build taller instead of this hippie complex thing.
Look at Gotheburg with their newly approved 240 m Karlatornet - I mean how many more 40-70 m tall buildings do we need in Malmö? It looks ridiculous.

It is approved now I guess we'll have to take it for what it is.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^
I think it looks way better than shit :)
The way the buildings are supposed to interact and create spaces for mingling is interesting. To add a skyscraper besides Point Hyllie, could be fun, but would it work?

Many years ago, a study found that a skyscraper in Hyllie would be problematic, because it would push huge amounts of wind to the surface of the plaza. Thus the plaza would be a place to escape and not hang out in.

Perhaps the reason the facade of Point Hyllie is not a plain glass surface, is to block some of the wind?

·
Registered
272 Posts
It looks somewhat interesting and a little different than most of Hyllie. But I doubt this whole interaction thing will work. The open space up front (with the stairs people are sitting on in the second picture) and the open area below the stairs will be fine when the weather is nice.

But the other three open areas around the highest building will just end up as empty dark spaces where no one will hang around.

And as usual it will not end up anywhere near as 'green' as the renderings. All the green on the roofs always become mostly yellow straw grass in the end. Compare to Emporias roof that is depressing from a vegetation point of view.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I agree with LastGammal. I like the ideas and most of the buldings look nice. The only one I am worried about is the green one. That might look very nyfunkis in the end. I also agree that people prob won't hang there what so ever..why would they? It is windy and I think most people will run in to Emporia :)

I don't think there have to be highrises everywhere. I rather have them close to Malmö C instead of spread around in the city.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I kind of like it, if one could wish for something I would love to see the buildings in the proposal from Serneke Group/Snøhetta arkitekter/Kanozi arkitekter/WSP group being built somewhere as well. I liked those.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Midroc has put up some pages on their site about this now. At least I think it's new.

Fyrtornet has the most details. Both first and second floors will be public.
För att skapa en trygg och levande stadsdel prioriteras verksamheter i bottenplan som är öppna dygnet runt. Här finns en stor foajé med funktioner som vänder sig till resenärer och besökare i form av en liten publik lounge med skärmar för tågavgångar och busstidtabeller, samt ett infocenter för Skånetrafiken, turism och Polisen.
Plan 2 består av ett stort publikt rum som kan liknas vid ett bibliotek utan böcker: ytor för event, café, lounge-/väntyta, öppna arbetsplatser och en tidningshörna med nyheter från alla världens hörn.
Floors 3 to 16 will be offices. Taller than I thought, the renders looked like about 10.

Not much details revealed about the others, though a partially interesting note about Droppen:
Droppen markerar porten till Hyllie västerifrån (än så länge…) och är därför lite högre än de sammanhängande husen längre ner längs gatan. Byggnaden ackompanjeras gärna av ett liknande hus på andra sidan Hyllie Stationsväg.
The start page has what I assume is a new render of Droppen as a background, which seems to be 14 floors. A "twin tower" on the other side of the street as they suggest would be nice.

·
Illustrator
6,775 Posts
Seems to be a few highrises there, the green ones seem interesting. But the height is not impressive, they could have been much taller, creating a "La Defense" of Malmö! :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Time for Samråd.

Planförslaget medger att den högsta byggnaden inom kvarter C kan bli upp till 60 meter hög vid nocken, sett från Hyllie stationsväg. Detta är, som en jämförelse, ungefär lika högt som det befintliga Quality view Hotel som gränsar mot Hyllie stationstorgs sydöstra hörn.

Byggnaden närmast Hyllie stationstorg inom kvarter A kan bli ungefär 47 meter hög, sett från Hyllie boulevard och torget. Inom nordvästra delen av kvarter C och sydöstra delen av kvarter D möjliggörs att enstaka byggnader kan uppföras till en högsta nockhöjd om ungefär 44 respektive 42 meter, sett från Hyllie stationsväg.
Too lazy to fix an image, but the blocks start with A by the square, then B, C and D along Emporia, then E and F by the tracks back to A.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Midroc bygger eko-hotell i storsatsande Hyllie
I det nya kvarteret, som just nu befinner sig på detaljplans-nivå, har Midroc och Wingårdhs tillsammans med hotellrådgivningsbolaget Annordia även tagit fram ett förslag på ett hotell. Hotellets fokus är upplevelser och en hållbar livsstil. Det ska inkludera mellan 100–140 rum och blir cirka sju våningar högt.
Beräknad byggstart för hela projektet är årsskiftet 2020–21. Hotellet ska vara klart 2024. Hela bygget beräknas pågå fram till 2025–26.

https://www.fastighetsvarlden.se/notiser/midroc-bygger-eko-hotell-i-storsatsande-hyllie/

·
Registered
600 Posts
New article, dont know if there is any new real info though.

Delningsekonomi som vinnande koncept | Fastighetsvärlden

I maj eller juni 2021 räknar Midroc med att sätta spaden i marken för det första av de sju huskropparna som ingår i projektet. Det blir Fyrtornet som med 11 våningar och 71 meter blir ett av Sveriges högsta kontorshus uppförda i trä.
I dont think 71m is correct, seems too tall for 11 floors and what we've seen before from this. Maybe confused with hight over sea level or something.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is indeed incorrect, looking at the building plan it should be around 53 meters tall. What's funny is that the height above "0" is 77m, so it doesn't even get that part correct.

Edit: not sure why, but the link might not work on mobile, if it doesn't just go here and manually select it on the map, it's DP5589.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have to say I am not a fan of the designs of the buildings either. They may look good as computer-renderings but I am not so sure how they are going to look when built. In the renderings, they have packed every square meter with trees, plants, and greenery, but I am guessing that is not going to the case in reality.

It reminds me of the drawings of the Niels Bohr building in Copenhagen, where the building itself almost looked green.
Vision:

Reality:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts