Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my mate are going on a trip to Europe, and this is our route: Helsinki - Stockholm - Copenhagen - Amsterdam - Brussels - London - Paris - then either down to southwestern Europe or east Europe (hard to decide which one to pick) - maybe Krakow - Berlin - Helsinki.

What are the must sees in these cities? What should we look out for? Do you know any good and cheap hostels? Could you recommend any good (and relatively cheap) bars and places to eat? :cheers:

Please respond and let me know how our trip could turn out a nice one.

Thankyou :)

·
¡Viva el metro!
DavoR
38,389 Posts
From Paris you can go to Barcelona in the night train.
;)
From BCN you can go to Madrid in 2h 38min with AVE train (you must pay a supplement).
:)
From Madrid you can go to Seville in 2h with AVE train (you must pay a supplement).
:yes:
Many cheap places to eat and sleep in Spain.
:wink2:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Seems like a lot of cities to visit. How long have you got to do it? Certainly Barcelona is one of Europe's best cities but I would go to central Europe. Berlin is probably my favourite city in the continent - definitely worth seeing.

·
Globetrekker
1,132 Posts
If you've seen 'Euro Trip' you know what to be careful of :)

Mi Scusi!
I certainly didn't meet any people like that in Italy, lucky me I guess. :laugh:

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don´t worry I will look out for dirty Italians :lol:

Seems like a lot of cities to visit. How long have you got to do it? Certainly Barcelona is one of Europe's best cities but I would go to central Europe. Berlin is probably my favourite city in the continent - definitely worth seeing.
We´ll be travelling for a month. From Paris we´re going either south to Barcelona (as you suggested) or east. The Mediterranean would be nice to experience.

Could someone recommend any good bars or clubs? Or Hostels?

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Amsterdam: Go ride a bike around the small city. There are famous museums notably the Rijksmuseum and Anne Frank House.

Antwerp: Go to the historic city centre and just walk around it. It feels a bit like Rome with Catholic-oriented buildings around. You will see the Cathedral there, check it out inside. The Town Hall is a fantastic building.

Brussels: Not much to do in Brussels. Again, just walk around.

Check out my gallery if you want to have a basic feel of what Amsterdam and Antwerp is like:

http://gallery.miliux.com/

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks again! :)

@Miliux, thanks for the link.

hostelworld.com seems to be a very useful site. Cheers samba man!

And the fact that people claim Brussels to be boring has made me really intereted in and curious about this city. Not to mention that it´s the "capital of Europe".

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Don't miss the Atomium! I don't know your taste in architecture but I'd try to see the Villa Savoye, Nouvel's Musée du quai Branly and obviously the Pompidou in Paris. A great viewing platform is the Tour Montparnasse where you get to go on the tower's roof. Also, there's quite a nice modernist station next to it.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^Thanks. The Atomium is awesome. I´m certainly not going to miss that. Tour Montparnasse is also great, and I imagine its viewing platform to be less crowded than the one in the Eiffel Tower.

·
¡Viva el metro!
DavoR
38,389 Posts
^^Less crowded, cheaper and you can see Eiffel Tower from the top of Montparnasse Tower!
:wink2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts