SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SHAKEN, not stirred
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, after 14 years of marriage I actually went out with an old friend from school. Last Friday night I went to the Key Club on Sunset to see a few live sets on stage and after midnight followed over to the House of Blues where Boys to Men had a show. Incredible night with the entire night life scene, excellent LA crowd at it's best and not to mention trendy. The doc martens with a nice pair of Guess jeans with a nice fitting rock star t-shirt was in order that night. Also, our night was to end at Pinks Hot Dogs but the line was extremely long at 3:30 AM so, made the early rush to The Pantry, my buddy had a Hamburger steak well done, cole slaw, green beans and hash browns and I had the Roast beef sandwich smothered with gravy, cole slaw, green beans and mash potaters. Got home at 5:00AM!

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^ Sounds like you had a blast after 14 years of marriage. It seems this is only the beginning of your night life. So Boys to Men was live @ House of Blues.... sounds too cool.

> Doc's :eek:hno:

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
So the common 7 year itch has festered into a 14 year rash? Glad you finally got out and had a good time.

·
SHAKEN, not stirred
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
klamedia said:
So the common 7 year itch has festered into a 14 year rash? Glad you finally got out and had a good time.

It was good to get away from the family but in all honesty, it just didn't feel right with out the wife and kids nagging. Life is back to normal again . . . . . I will have to do a late night dinner with the wife at the Pantry sooner and not later. Maybe we'll drive into LA tomorrow and catch The Da Vinci and afterwards hit the Pantry or N. Broadway (ChinaTown) for a midnight dinner.

·
SHAKEN, not stirred
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Pantry Cafe

For those that are from out of state and are considering coming to the City of Angels, this is a must. Food served 24 hours in the old traditional style, quantity and affordable. The front doors don't even have cylinder locks!

http://www.pantrycafe.com/

·
Or is it?
10,769 Posts
thesunking said:
For those that are from out of state and are considering coming to the City of Angels, this is a must. Food served 24 hours in the old traditional style, quantity and affordable. The front doors don't even have cylinder locks!

http://www.pantrycafe.com/

ahahaha once I actually called this place at 4am and asked if they delivered.

·
Or is it?
10,769 Posts
thesunking said:
my buddy had a Hamburger steak well done, cole slaw, green beans and hash browns and I had the Roast beef sandwich smothered with gravy, cole slaw, green beans and mash potaters. Got home at 5:00AM!

are there other American food I should know about?
Cause I can't think of anything beyond this list.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
thesunking said:
Yes, after 14 years of marriage I actually went out with an old friend from school. Last Friday night I went to the Key Club on Sunset to see a few live sets on stage and after midnight followed over to the House of Blues where Boys to Men had a show. Incredible night with the entire night life scene, excellent LA crowd at it's best and not to mention trendy. The doc martens with a nice pair of Guess jeans with a nice fitting rock star t-shirt was in order that night. Also, our night was to end at Pinks Hot Dogs but the line was extremely long at 3:30 AM so, made the early rush to The Pantry, my buddy had a Hamburger steak well done, cole slaw, green beans and hash browns and I had the Roast beef sandwich smothered with gravy, cole slaw, green beans and mash potaters. Got home at 5:00AM!
At what time were you both eating this artery hardening vascular clogging food again?!?!?! :runaway: Does your old lady have an insurance policy out on you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts