SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
Although not common, this is nothing new. I've personally seen several non-Asians sing Chinese songs, Mandarin and Cantonese. In fact, during high school, our little group of friends had a few "token non-Asians" and they would occasionally learn some Chinese songs. :)

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Wow! His voice is soooooooooooooo similar to Jacky CHEUNG Hok-yau! :eek:kay:

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
Wow ... he is really good!

·
17,431 Posts
Guys got talent. But most of today's Cantonese music is dominated by Canto Pop. How about other kinds like alternative rap like LMF?

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
Cantopop has been dormant since the four greats of the early 1990s began getting old. The days of the four kings and BEYOND are truly missed.

They need new talent. Cute boys on the front cover and lavish photo albums are not considered singing talent.

·
17,431 Posts
superchan7 said:
Cantopop has been dormant since the four greats of the early 1990s began getting old. The days of the four kings and BEYOND are truly missed.

They need new talent. Cute boys on the front cover and lavish photo albums are not considered singing talent.
Four Kings or Four Emperors :D

As for Beyond, they're more considered as Cantorock than Cantopop :D But it's a tragedy for their lead singer though.

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
I think HK needs someone like that guy in the video. Come on, let's have some racial diversity. We need white/black/mideastern/chinese band.

·
Registered
252 Posts
impressive!!

Well nowadays everything is about money and the music industry is totally commercial..sigh..cant expect much more and also as technology is so advanced, and a recent suvey suggested that over 80% of ppl in Hong Kong had downloaded mp3s from the internet means no one is buying CDs no more..its quite sad for the industry.

·
17,431 Posts
superchan7 said:
I think HK needs someone like that guy in the video. Come on, let's have some racial diversity. We need white/black/mideastern/chinese band.
There are multicultural underground hip-hop groups in HK like Suthorn Posse.

Also aren't we forgetting the no. of Filipino bands playing in HK's hotels and bars.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts