Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get from the Sierra Madre Villa Station to UCLA for a test I have to take tomorrow, and metro.net is telling me to take the Gold Line, but then to take the Red Line. Why wouldn't I take the Purple Line and take a bus from there down Wilshire? Of course, I'm using the website because I don't know what line that is, but I don't believe that it's telling me to get to UCLA by Sunset.

·
Avant Garde
3,807 Posts
Take the Gold Line to Union Station, Purple Line to Wilshire Western, and take the 702 allllllllllll the way to Westwood. It might take you a month and a half but you'll get there.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said to leave Pasadena at about 6:30. I'm fine with that, but I wish I had my laptop already to do something along the way. Stupid Dell.

Anyway, the 720 will get me to the intersection there, but I'm still on Wilshire. Will I have to walk from there to UCLA or is there another bus?

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
I think bus #2 goes to UCLA from Downtown. So you won't take like ten different buses.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you think that's better than the 720? It's not as fast nor as frequent.

I think the 720 involves more walking, but I'm fine with that. Maybe this will be easier when Sunset gets a Rapid Line.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Well maybe not better... 720 is faster but you have a long ass walk.

The #2 bus is slower but drops you off right off campus main entrance.

Your choice chico!

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
The 720 go right along Wilshire......That's not far from UCLA is it?

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^ No not really just a couple of long blocks...

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
^ No not really just a couple of long blocks...
Westwood Village stands between Wilshire and the UCLA campus. Thing is, the UCLA campus is a huge, sprawling monstrosity (unlike the denser, compact USC campus :D :D :D) so you really need to rely on the UCLA campus shuttle buses to get around.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or you can walk like I did today if you don't have a Bruin Card yet.

I took the 720 and damn was that thing packed. I couldn't even make it into the first bus that came. Getting there was easy. Coming back there was a ton of traffic before Santa Monica Blvd and we wasted a good 10 minutes there. At least the subway was reliable (and the Gold Line was swaying whenever it stopped, that was fun).

Next time I'm going to try the 2. That was a long walk.

·
Registered
290 Posts
you could have gotten off the 720 at wilshire/westwood and taken the first big blue bus that came by. I'm nearly certain that there are like 5 big blue lines that go to UCLA up westwood blvd.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But that means paying extra money. If I had a Bruin Card, it's only 25 cents more, but without it, who knows. I really need that card already.

·
Registered
313 Posts
or when you got on the 720, you shoulda paid 25 cents for a transfer/ Then you coulda got on the 1, 2, 3, 8, and 12 [or is it 14..i dont know im drunk]. I don't think its a long walk from wilshire to UCLA. It just depends what part of UCLA you go to. but yeah the 2[metro] works as well.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
(and the Gold Line was swaying whenever it stopped, that was fun).

I just loves the Gold Line sway......oh yeah"Phatt" so how was the Gold Line? Was it slow??

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^ Oh please (K), please don't start Phatt on the Gold Line issue again. He's going to ramble and ramble on how slow it was when he rode on it.

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
^ Oh please (K), please don't start Phatt on the Gold Line issue again. He's going to ramble and ramble on how slow it was when he rode on it.
Phattonez: The Gold Line was SOOO slow...

SSC Los Angeles: HOW SLOW WAS IT?

Phattonez: By the time I arrived at UCLA, I already graduated, LOL!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
its only slow on that one little stretch on mirimon ? were it goes down the middle of that residential road.

but man is it clean! i can actually take photos out the windows! unlike or beloved metro buses... do they ever wash the out sides of those things? everyone i have ever been on has had some dirty ass windows

·
The Place
1,137 Posts
its only slow on that one little stretch on mirimon ? were it goes down the middle of that residential road.

but man is it clean! i can actually take photos out the windows! unlike or beloved metro buses... do they ever wash the out sides of those things? everyone i have ever been on has had some dirty ass windows
Do you mean Marmion?

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I never rambled; you just won't let me make a valid criticism of the line. Is there something wrong with me because I'd rather ride a subway than a light rail line?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts