SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I read this story about ignorant and stupid Australians. They bought the flag coz they liked the colours and design ! I think this suburb is up on the central coast near where culwulla lives...... :runaway:

'My classes didn't mention the war'

By MARK NOLAN April 22, 2005
Daily Telegraph

HIS Nazi flag has caused mass offence – but Darren Mackay does not understand why, because he didn't learn about Adolf Hitler in school history lessons.

The Mannering Park resident was widely condemned by his neighbours, the RSL, Jewish groups, federal politicians and radio talkback listeners after The Daily Telegraph revealed the controversial backyard flag yesterday.
Mr Mackay remained unrepentant, saying he was considering keeping the flag flying.
The flag was removed briefly yesterday in a farcical moment, as a result of a squabble by television stations following up on The Daily Telegraph's story.
While neighbours thought the criticism had forced them to remove the flag yesterday, Mr Mackay, 30, and his fiancee Jenni Duncombe, 27, only took it down so it could be filmed by Channel 9's A Current Affair at a secret location.
The father of one then told The Daily Telegraph that he was thinking about putting the flag back up because he would not be bullied. He claimed that he and his family were actually the victims in the whole affair after a neighbour allegedly threatened and abused his fiancee and baby.
The scaffolder said they had legally bought the flag at the Morisset Mega Markets for $10.
Mr Mackay said he didn't think the Nazis had done anything wrong by any Australians.
"I only did history in school in Year 7 and 8 and I knew bugger all about it," Mr Mackay said of Nazi Germany.
"If I knew it was offensive to somebody I would have taken it down straight away.
"But I was offended by the way this bloke came around and threatened and abused my family so that is why I left it up.

"I read in a book somewhere that it used to be a symbol of peace and eternity and the Nazis stole it. People should do their history before making accusations."
But the couple said they would not fly the Nazi flag on Anzac Day – instead they planned to fly an Australian flag at half-mast.
Ms Duncombe, who didn't realise the significance of the flag said the controversy was a storm in a teacup.
But neighbours of Ms Duncombe and Mr Mackay were seething with anger.
A Yugoslavian neighbour, who did not want to be identified, said he saw the Nazis gun down up to 50 people in 1944 when he was just nine years old.
"These people should be penalised for this," he said.
Another neighbour who served as a Royal Australian Air Force drill instructor during World War II was horrified.
"I sit here looking out the window at it and I feel bloody terrible," he said.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'd say the whole idea was to upset their Yugoslav neighbour, and going by the look on his face in that pic, the mission was probably a success.

The worst part of it is, they've bred.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
I personally would imagine even someone who never studied history would know.

I learnt more about Nazi Germany through movies, etc than I ever did through history lessons.

·
Lurker
3,805 Posts
From what I heard, the "good" symbol is actually a reversed swatsika where the prongs (can't find a better word) point in a clockwise direction.

·
Яandwicked
691 Posts
^ and it's not on a diagonal and ona BLOOD RED FIELD like the nazi flag. Man that guy looks like a total punchable fuckwit.

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
By the looks of it...he probably had trouble passing grade 2. No wonder he didn't learn history...His vocabulary most probably consists of the words "Footy, bulldogs, didn't, rape" in that order

·
me!
582 Posts
"I knew bugger all about it"

Bullshit.... Everyone knows what that flag stands for, it is common knowledge.

"Mr Mackay said he didn't think the Nazis had done anything wrong by any Australians."

This guy is obviously some sort of Neo-Nazi creating a scene on purpose.

·
Premium Member
9,529 Posts
I don't agree that anyone has any right to fly any flag they want to. Would you let racists fly a KKK flag next to a school?

Should Nazis be allowed to display a swastika next to a Synagogue?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unfortunately there's thousands more of these ignorant, bigoted, shameless, arrogant, uneducated, gullible and self rightous idiots like this in our suburbs.
For example, SOME people actually still think ( and openly admit to it ) that Q1's spire makes it taller than Eureka. No shit !!

·
7,972 Posts
Aussie Bhoy said:
I don't agree that anyone has any right to fly any flag they want to. Would you let racists fly a KKK flag next to a school?

Should Nazis be allowed to display a swastika next to a Synagogue?
You might not agree, but there is nothing illegal about it.

·
Яandwicked
691 Posts
BrizzyChris said:
BTW, how many people get "totally ashamed and sick to the guts" when they see a Rising Sun Jap flag??? Not many I bet.
How many racists are actively flying the rising sun flag in this country?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts