SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think its tight!.....thats one hell of a cloverleaf interchange. we really dont have those types interchanges. all the high flying ramps here are built up very high.

·
Hirise Piping Man
854 Posts
Ok for one, the three pictures of freeways shown below, are in Los Angeles. the top is the I 110 and I 10 in downtown LA, the second is the I 10 and I 710 in east LA, and the third is the I 110 and I 105 in south central LA. As far as i know there are 22 freeways in the greater metro LA area, (this includes, parts of Orange, Riverside, San Bernadino, and Ventura Countys) here is the list,

I 5 golden state/santa ana fwy
I 10 santa monica/san bernadino fwy
I 105 century fwy
I 110 harbor/pasadina fwy
I 210 foothill fwy
I 405 san diego fwy
I 605 san gabriel river fwy
I 710 long beach fwy
2 glendale fwy
14 antelope valley fwy
22 garden grove fwy
55 newport beach fwy
57 orange fwy
60 pomona fwy
71 corona fwy
90 marina fwy
91 artesia fwy
103 terminal island fwy
118 simi valley fwy
134 ventura fwy
170 hollywood fwy

and of couse,
US 101 hollywood/ventura fwy

(also 3 tollways in Orange Co.)
no new freeways are planned, but several unfinnished connections, are to be completed in the next few years.

·
Registered
117 Posts
TICONLA1 said:
(also 3 tollways in Orange Co.)
no new freeways are planned, but several unfinnished connections, are to be completed in the next few years.
Yeah those connections are badly needed. Also, rail transit should be improved, at least to high-density areas.

·
Registered
117 Posts
CarsonCaliBrotha said:
...and yet we still have the second largest bus system in the country, the single most used light rail line
That's the only thing that didn't get trashed during the last riots.

and the 4th single most used subway line in America.
I doubt that this is the case, although I really much like the line myself.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I dont Know If this freeway counts: The 215 that runs Through Riverside And San Berdoo.

The 91 Artesia/Freeway Takes you to riverside, then connects to the 60 Pomona/Moreno Valley Freeway and 215 in Riverside.

·
Registered
290 Posts
CarsonCaliBrotha said:
...and yet we still have the second largest bus system in the country, the single most used light rail line, and the 4th single most used subway line in America.
Um, no. The Red Line in LA has higher ridership than every subway line in America but three?

So the Red Line has higher ridership than 24 of 27 New York subway lines, than the PATH train to NJ and every other line in America?

:nuts:

The most heavily used light rail line is almost certainly the Green Line in Boston. Muni in SF might come close.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
crawford said:
Um, no. The Red Line in LA has higher ridership than every subway line in America but three?

So the Red Line has higher ridership than 24 of 27 New York subway lines, than the PATH train to NJ and every other line in America?

:nuts:

The most heavily used light rail line is almost certainly the Green Line in Boston. Muni in SF might come close.
Ill give the numbers and maybe you could verify which lines are the most used. The Blue Line (LRT) has 78,000 daily boardings, which i have also heard is the most used LRT in the country. The Red Line has about 125,000 Daily boardings. Not sure where it ranks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.