SkyscraperCity banner

7181 - 7200 of 12373 Posts

·
52,589 Posts
€ 10.50 for 62 km = € 0.16 per kilometer. That is very high for a long-distance toll road.

The toll on A4 from Milano Est to Brescia Centro is € 6.80

·
52,589 Posts
I was browsing through Google Earth due to the opening of A35, and I noticed there is *a lot* of highway construction going on east of Milano. Most are related to A35 and A58, but there's a massive upgrade of road infrastructure, with new bypasses, four-lane highways and grade-separation.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
They opened today at 3 p.m.
The toll for the entire stretch is 10,50€, around twice the amount for an average Italian motorway of that lenght. Currently there are not gas station or rest areas along that route, but they're planned.
What's about this two sections at the southern end of the opened A58 (TEEM):

SP14 Milan: Segrate – Vignate 21 6.7km (2010 to 2014) – projectmap
SP14 Milan: Vignate – Liscate (A58) 12 5.2km (2010 to 2014) – projectmap

4-laned in service since today too?

·
Registered
54,038 Posts
A3 Salerno-Reggio Calabria: July 25 opening of two new sections in Calabria

Friday, July 25 Anas open to traffic two new sections of the New Motorway A3 Salerno-Reggio Calabria motorway, between Lamezia Terme and Randace bridge and between Mileto and Candidoni in Calabria.

The meeting with the media at 11:30 am at the center of Anas Maintenance / Compartment Traffic police at the exit of the motorway of Lamezia Terme.

·
Lord Kelvin
13,303 Posts
What's about this two sections at the southern end of the opened A58 (TEEM):

SP14 Milan: Segrate – Vignate 21 6.7km (2010 to 2014) – project – map
SP14 Milan: Vignate – Liscate (A58) 12 5.2km (2010 to 2014) – project – map

4-laned in service since today too?
I think only the latter opened today, but I'm not sure.

·
on the road
33,727 Posts
^^ A5 is always impressive to drive, you exit the Monte Bianco/Mt. Blanc tunnel and plunge into a sequence of tunnels for dozens of kms, with glimpses of landscape in between.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ciao a tutti,

Today I was at the inauguration of the new BreBeMi Motorway - A35.
It was quite a big event in the province of Bergamo, where I'm currently living. All the newspapers are full of articles, today "Bergamo TV" broadcasted all the ceremony live. I visited some friends at Bariano near Romano di Lombardia. At "Fara" (exit Romano di Lombardia) the official ceremony took place.

Unfortunately it wasn't openend for public, we stood two hours near the new toll station on a roundabout and if time was passing, the people startet to get a little bit angry, because all wanted to see Matteo Renzi. However, he and other important persons were directly at the tollgate about 800 metres away from this roundabout. After some speeches they officially opened the BreBeMi by cutting the red ribbon. We watched this at home in the TV, because it was too hot after two hours in the sun..

But they told us, that the BreBeMi would be open for public at 15:00, so we returend at Romano. There, the police officer told us all the timee, that it will be opened shortly, but nothing happend. So we returend to the toll station Bariano, where we had to wait until 16:00, but then finally the motorway was openend. It was absolutely amazing to be the first public car which entered the BreBeMi through the station "Bariano". Then we made a short trip until the toll station Romano, where we left the motorway - 0,80 Cent for 2 km
But it was a nice day and an unique opportunity to watch the inauguration of 62 km of motorway, one of the largest inauguration of new motorway which was opened since the 80ties in Italy.

Here now some pictures:

New ticket machines ^^

·
No More Italian Mod
39,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,199 · (Edited)
They already put A35 on google maps, but neither Cassanese nor Rivoltana are there... so they weren'r opened two days ago?

I don't think so.
Even if there are works still going on, Arco TEEM and connections with Rivoltana and Cassanese are completed and opened.

But I saw yesterday on Google maps they didn't appear at all.

Today they put on the map Rivoltana connection but heading to nowhere. Maybe within few days they'll put all the new roads

Anyway the update has been very quick

·
Registered
373 Posts
I don't think so.
Even if there are works still going on, Arco TEEM and connections with Rivoltana and Cassanese are completed and opened.

But I saw yesterday on Google maps they didn't appear at all.

Today they put on the map Rivoltana connection but heading to nowhere. Maybe within few days they'll put all the new roads

Anyway the update has been very quick
Google is not updated, for exemple the SS655 Foggia-Candela is not marked as express way but only normal road... Also SS100 Bari-Gioia del Colle, SS89 Foggia-Manfredonia, SP13 Foggia-Lucera, SP231 Andria-Bitonto... Half of Apulia region :lol:

7181 - 7200 of 12373 Posts