Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand how the official heights of buildings are recorded...so you don't have to explain it..that's OK..but it's just my eyes??? when I look at the building on the right I seem to think it's taller yet officially the one on the left is.....infact the left.Q1 is classified as supertall...and the right, Eureka is just a highrise....I must get my eyes checked...again!

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
I don't know too much about how buildings are measured, but from the sketch you posted it looks like a building's height is determined through its highest point. So theoretically you could stick a 7 mile wooden stick on the top of your building and claim the title of tallest in the world.

In terms of buildings - not structures - I think height should be measured by highest habitable point. That's assuming it isn't right now, which I'm not completely sure about.

·
If I could be anyone...
2,551 Posts
That needle is probably claimed as part of the architecture of the building, rather than a modular antenna, so it passes the 300m mark, whereas the other one doesn't.

It doesn't matter, can't we just take a building for how it looks, and stop arguing about heights? I like the design of Q1 better than Eureka, that's it. Don't give a damn which one is taller.

·
arre dil pe mat le yaar
141 Posts
ohk this thing is annoying!
here sears tower looks taller than petronas tower, even if we include or exclude its spire, still official hieght of petronas is taller than sears.
how can this be? are those measuring are dumb:bash: :eek:hno: :nuts:

·
Registered
12,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What if you made an antenna that looks like a spire ...or a spire that looks like an antenna ????? :)

·
Registered
12,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just came home from the Eureka Skydeck opening day.....I know I could have had the same height view from the Q1 and it would have been more exciting....because I would have had my arms wrapped tight around that stick!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.