SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing my epic South East Asian journey through Malaysia and Singapore, Java represents the 3rd part of my series, and part 1 of 3 Indonesia threads. Part 2 will cover the island of Sulawesi, and part 3 will cover Lombok and Bali.
Java is the most populous island of Indonesia and without wishing to sound too extreme, having flown from squeaky-clean Singapore arriving in Jakarta was like a smack over the back of the head with a baseball bat…. initially. It is like the rest of Java, big, dirty, hectic, hot, crazy. However get under its skin and you find an exotic and up-beat warren of happy, smiling and very welcoming people. Actually the people is what made Java for me, always shouting “hello misterrrr” and ready to smile or chat. The rest of java is also pretty dirty, but the landscape is stunning. Picture rice terraces and volcanoes.

From Jakarta I explored the countryside of West Java before heading to the cultural central region, to Yogyakarta and Surakarta (aka Solo), and to the ancient temples of Borobudur and Prambanan. From here I went to East Java to visit the incredible and very active Bromo, before finishing in East Java’s largest city, the massive and intensely hectic Surabaya, from which I flew out to Sulawesi.

Anyway, enjoy, and wait for part 2!

·
Still Comin' Out Strong
15,891 Posts
You have more pics?!:D the people of java seem like they're satisfied with their lives, and I have to say the island's topography is beautiful.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok good, these seem to mostly be showing now. The flickr problem has been sorted?

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
WELL DONE!!

Some amazing photos there. I am really amazed at how little Australian's know about Indonesia considering its right next door and has a population about 10 times the size.

Realy beautiful country.

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
Very interesting set of pictures! I ejnoyed so much to see them! The street view with its life, captured at the moment plus all those great pics of teh volcanos! Really very, very good.

·
leisure cook
11,910 Posts
stunning, very nice images from Java....thanks for sharing.:cheers2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts