SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'll keep my eye on your blog. When you start running out of ideas PM me and I may make some suggestions. Are you going to concentrate on the south bay first?

·
city driver
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My next stop is the sunken city in San Pedro, and then maybe the Hell Gate in Turnbull Canyon in Whittier.. but I probably am going to have to put this on the back burner with gas prices as they are and those places inaccessible to me via transit.. If you have suggestions of other such places, please let me know and maybe they'd be closer/more accessible. I was thinking the mormon wall in DT is a pretty fine example of a strange unknown landmark.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My next stop is the sunken city in San Pedro, and then maybe the Hell Gate in Turnbull Canyon in Whittier.. but I probably am going to have to put this on the back burner with gas prices as they are and those places inaccessible to me via transit.. If you have suggestions of other such places, please let me know and maybe they'd be closer/more accessible. I was thinking the mormon wall in DT is a pretty fine example of a strange unknown landmark.
I assume you are still living in Manhattan Beach?

Try the Beach Boys Monument in Hawthorn, the Western Museum of Flight and Madrona Marsh in Torrance, Wayfarer's Chapel, Marineland ruins, and Abalone cove tidepools in PV. Also you might try covering a Grunion run. Is that the kind of stuff you are intereted in? (I am leaving for Boston in a couple of hours, it may be a while for me to get back to you.)

·
city driver
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, yeah those are all good ideas. Unfortunately marineland is no more (the ruins as well). Someone did a good photoset on it before it was all demolished and graded http://community.livejournal.com/abandonedplaces/423617.html. Some fancy resort is going in..

Also, I'm thinking about changing it up a little and focusing solely on places without names. In fact, I may delete my only post and start again.. this time going for something more artsy, less formulaic. What I'd really like to do is take single locations (like as in one photograph) that probably have never been talked about.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts