Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imperial Bank owners to build Sh2 billion hotel​

source

The owners of Imperial Bank have partnered with a Malaysia-based hotel chain to construct a Sh2.2 billion budget hotel in Westlands by July next year. Tune Hotels will build their first African hotel in Kenya in a joint venture with the Imaran Group, a Kenyan investment firm that also built properties such as Imperial Court in Westlands, Kivulini in Thika and Mvuli Suites in Ngara.

The 12-storey hotel will have 280 rooms, which will be offered on a limited service model where customers only pay for what they use during their stay.

Tune Hotels joins a growing list of global hospitality brands that have set up shop in Kenya in the last two years looking to benefit from increased luxury and business travel.

“Tune Hotels Group plans to invest about $25 million (Sh2.2 billion) in its new hotel in Kenya,” Mark Lankester, the group chief executive officer, said in Malaysia last week.

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
South East Nine
39,932 Posts
Not so nice architecturally, but it is a budget hotel. The increase in hotel rooms for Nairobi is welcome.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Lemme ask,did anyone see an article regarding the building in the Business Daily on Thursday saying the projcet actually started in October last year,I'll post later now am on Mobile but if anyone who can go to its site and find it,post it tafadhali,I did not want to post it because our journalist tend to be clueless and dont research sufficiently but anyone sees it post it

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lemme ask,did anyone see an article regarding the building in the Business Daily on Thursday saying the projcet actually started in October last year,I'll post later now am on Mobile but if anyone who can go to its site and find it,post it tafadhali,I did not want to post it because our journalist tend to be clueless and dont research sufficiently but anyone sees it post it
I believe this is true the building was probably being built for office spaces and was bought by Tune to be used as a hotel.

I'll hunt for construction pics

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
This one is actually under construction.It is on Chiromo Lane just a few metres from Delta Corner Towers where there was a petrol station which was being demolished last year.I saw it on Citizen business news roundup on Thursday this week.The journalist is probably right on this one

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
And Kijana,on Mithithi road in westalnds just Behind The Mirage There is a road called Mithithi,I passed there yesterday and it caught to my attention a very deep Foundation was dug and there were like 20 workers or so,but i looked for sing board none,the foundation can be compared like for Britam in terms of Depth

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Sorry I meant Chiromo Road not Chiromo Lane which cuts through Muthithi Road.Brian those which do not have a board tend to be just few floors

·
Banned
134 Posts
tune hotel will be opposite new rehema on Rhafta road.
the one on mithithi road is an hotel by Mitsumi company.....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
tune hotel will be opposite new rehema on Rhafta road.
the one on mithithi road is an hotel by Mitsumi company.....
Is it under construction?Because when I saw on Citizen news about a month ago they showed a building under construction with Delta Towers I had assumed it was on Chiromo Road.Does it have a sign board and a render on it?

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Kijanamwafrika,you know that building am talking about,it looks stalled a big one along chiromo road,even the green coverng is turning to brownish..

·
Banned
134 Posts
Is it under construction?Because when I saw on Citizen news about a month ago they showed a building under construction with Delta Towers I had assumed it was on Chiromo Road.Does it have a sign board and a render on it?[/QUOT

there is a sign board.next time i will be there will take a picture. i got the word from an employee in Imaran group that is a major stakeholder in imperial bank.

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone with updates for this? It should be well U/C

·
Banned
134 Posts
I have got pictures that i believe are for this project. Disclaimer!!!! This is 99% certainty since no express indication that it is tune hotel. My own analysis. If anyone know what building this is then i stand to be corrected.

Said Location.

Pictures as per today.

Reactions: Adm.Adama

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks esquire yurp that is Tune Hotel.

Woooii the road is in terrible shape...

SOURCE

·
Banned
134 Posts
woow!, where were you hiding that render????

We hope the roads will get a face lift.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts