Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Blunther said:
Yep - it's pretty sad. There are a lot of smaller, independant shops inthe more picturesque towns, but many mid sized towns just look the same these days. There's not enough money there for buildings of any individual note, and all the shops are justchain stores.

A bit depressing really.
i was in california three weeks ago, the same situation is even more pronounced there in small towns, every street has the exact same shops and "restaurants", individual stores are pushed into the periphery, literally on what we would call industrial estates. the architecture is the same identikit prefabs wherever you go. this is the way the UK is heading, better get used to it.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
caw123 said:
I can't stand the number of Starbucks and Subways we have here in Manc, turning into an epidemic.
in newcastle city centre there are 5 subways all in 10 minutes walking distance of each other. there are plenty of high quality independent sandwich shops in newcastle but i can see them struggling against a poor quality but cheap multinational who can undercut their prices. people are sheep, the power of the market is no good for people who want something a bit different or a bit better or a bit unique.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts