SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Bloody capitalists, nothing i sacred anymore!

I always try to buy from small businesses, most of whom are struggling to survive. Much prefer to get a sandwich from a local shop than subway or mcdonalds, its nice to be recognised and greeted rather than treated like every other customer. You don't get the personal touch in starbucks or anywhere like that. I love the way the trendies and yuppie types worship these places though and think that because they're carrying a starbucks cup around they're cultured and far superior to anyone else. Mugs (Or should that be paper cups...). They don't realise they can get good quality stuff from independant shops for the same price, or even less!

Go to Middlesbrough, Derby, Lincoln, Leicester, Sunderland and there isn't much difference between them - not in the main shopping streets anyway. Cheap, short term planning marking out pedestrian areas with the same materials. Its depressing :bash: Out of town retail parks are the same and should all be bombed, they have a lot to answer for in making our medium towns totally crap and soulless, any planner who has given the go ahead for any retail park or out of town leisure complex should be tied up and beaten with sticks until they agree to single handedly knock down the prefabs owned by Comet, JJB, DFS, Mothercare, Boots, HMV, Dixons, Halfords etc

Our towns and cities are becoming homogenised, in fact, the human race is. One day we'll all speak the same language and look the same! It stinks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts