Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that I have really started to notice when visiting different towns in the uk is how they are all begining to look the same. They are becoming cloned. Its not so much the big cities but rather the smaller provincial cities and towns, you know the same shops selling the same things, the same street furniture and that crappy cheap looking red brick paving they like to use everywhere in the pedestianised zones...usually covered in chewing gum.Go to most towns centres and this is what you'll find...I think it is very depressing. The individual characters of towns is being sucked away, greedy chain stores forcing smaller private shops into oblivion...and dont get me started on food outlets...ie starfucks and subway seem to be everywhere..where have the friendy characterful coffee houses gone?All the people seem to look the same in these town centres too...usually chavs in addidas trackies.Thank god our largest cities are trying to aviod going down this route ...apart from starfucks they seem to be everywhere!

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
MIDGEBLACKANDWHITE said:
Subway sandwiches are delicious. Thats all I care about when I go there. If they werent any good people would stop frequenting these places - simple. Why get precious about it?
To be honest I haven't bought anything from subways but I dont think its a good thing that these outlets are starting to monopolise our town and city centres at the expense of smaller and (probably) better quality independant businesses.The other point I was making is how most town centres all look the same with that black and gold street furniture and cheap red brick paving....do they all use the same people to design these parts of the town centres...mainly the pedestrianised areas as theres no character or origanality , maybee some places may have kept their distinctivness like Shrewsbury as someone says but to me its getting worse and its something I dont notice when in Europe.Does anyone know if subway are American...wouldn't surprise me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts