Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I was reading on wikipedia about I-95 at some point was going to go through downtown silver spring the first city that came to mind was Bellvue, WA. The heigh limit would of had to be higher if they have a height limit, Downtown would have been Tyson Corner in amount of office, and it would be known. Can you imagin SS with 47 story towers and a large(r) skyline. F**k that would have been good to I-95 traffic rolling through SS backed up it would make you think we most be in a very big place. and it would make you get a downtown view. WHY. Plus MoCo county would of had a even worse population boom it would have already passed 1,000,000. in fact if this highway would have went through silver spring it would of had to give one of I-95 most urban drives. :bash: :nuts: :eek:hno: plus it would have connected downtown d.c. with silver spring man man MAN.

·
MD Parrothead
166 Posts
When I was reading on wikipedia about I-95 at some point was going to go through downtown silver spring the first city that came to mind was Bellvue, WA. The heigh limit would of had to be higher if they have a height limit, Downtown would have been Tyson Corner in amount of office, and it would be known. Can you imagin SS with 47 story towers and a large(r) skyline. F**k that would have been good to I-95 traffic rolling through SS backed up it would make you think we most be in a very big place. and it would make you get a downtown view. WHY. Plus MoCo county would of had a even worse population boom it would have already passed 1,000,000. in fact if this highway would have went through silver spring it would of had to give one of I-95 most urban drives. :bash: :nuts: :eek:hno: plus it would have connected downtown d.c. with silver spring man man MAN.
So you are saying you would want I95 to cut through Silver Spring? I can't disagree more. What a cluster f**k that would be. Have you been to Silver Spring in the past 5 years? It's incredible what they've done. Why do they need 47 story highrises. I know this is a skyscraper forum but we proper urban planning has to be considered. 95 through Silver Spring would've been almost as bad as 95 through Fells Point!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Yay for backups just to make others feel like it's a big place. That worked out well for Springfield I guess. Silver Spring is fine the way it is. You could re-do many of the commercial corridors off of 495, but there's no need to have a massive interstate through the middle of DC.

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my aunt lives in tocoma park (mispelled i think), i go there every summer. and tocoma park has nothing to do so we go to silver spring. and I think that if I-95 would have went through SS it would have been good because the cbd is already small land wise so the height would have increased and made it more urban with that people from moco county could get to dtown d.c. faster. Traffic would backup for out of staters giving them a better view of SS and even D.C. while local people use the subway or mass transit. to me it would have been good what areas does I-95 go directly through its downtown or main cbd (its very rare but name one). this could also shut NY up about maryland only has one city.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts