Votes: 32 86.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
become to strongest nation in North America economically and in terms of military strength?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't even think the whole Canadian confederation could ever do it. Especially with the way things are way south. My money is in China or Russia, maybe even Iran, and that'd be it.

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
NOO

It will probably become the 3rd of 4th in North America. I mean USA has the strongest economy in the world then Canada would have the second and then maybe or Quebec or Mexico. If Quebec does that it would be what the largest French speaking country in the world. Now what I think is more interesting is what if California becomes independent from the US....Definitely would be the 3rd strongest country in the world.

·
Registered
153 Posts
umm, ya right!

we had a class debate for history last thurs and i was forced to be in the separatists side and we won. lol.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
why would it want to be ??

This thread should be closed!! :lock:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
If Quebec separates from Canada, is there a chance that it might

become to strongest nation in North America economically and in terms of military strength?
Forgive me for asking this, but how old are you?

Your question is somewhat simplistic. If Québec were to separate, our goal wouldn't be to become the next superpower. We wouldn't try to build the "grandest" army in the world. So obviously the answer to your question would be No. But then again, Canada in its current state will never become the "strongest nation in North America" in terms of economy or military.

You seem to forget who are neighbors to the south are. They outnumber us 9 to 1 and there's a reason why THEY are the sole SUPERPOWER in the world. Compared to the U.S., Canada is irrelevant!

"without Canada's money buckets it would be nothing"

Ah yes, i had forgotten how ignorant some people on these boards could be!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.