Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
this is the topic about all people who moved to Miami or plan to move one day.
Lets share your experience.

1. why did you move?
2. what you like the most about Miami? And what you do not like about Miami. (please be objective, all cities have issues)
3. how long did you need to get used to living in Miami?
4. could you imagine living somewhere else or your sweet home is Miami?
5. what you would like to see happening in Miami? And if any way you are contributing or fighting in any way for a better living in Miami?
6. Are you happy in Miami?

Please do not include personal issues in this talk. We all want a straight talk about Miami. If we can help each other in any way lets talk, if you plan to fight here please move on.

What we try to accomplish with this topic? We try to help each other, share experiences, answer questions about Miami, share nice stories, etc.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
0k i moved here from Orlando a couple of months ago.
1. I movwed here because both my parents didnt like Orlando and they found new jobs in the area.
2. I dont have a specific like about Miami, I just like it :) Theres really not anything I dont like.
3. It actually took me very little, I liked it alot more than where i used to live so it was an exciting time.
4. The only other place that has interest me in this planet is New York but i would only live there far down the road for now Miami is going to be home sweet home for a long time.
5.I would like seeing the transportation issue getting better be the expressways or Public transit having a rapid expansion.
6. I am very happy in Miami.

·
Registered
899 Posts
(I'm moving next spring)

1. My dad is starting up an airline in The Bahamas, but it will be based in Fort Lauderdale. My mom wants to move because of it's more lavish standard of living compared to l.a (lower cost of living) and it's proximity to the Caribbean.
2. The cleanliness, lush greenery, atlantic ocean and the relatively bustling melting pot.
3. /
4. Sure, there is plenty of places, my current home is Los Angeles
5. Nope, just to be closer to family and accompany my parents for the move
6. /

·
The world is yours
148 Posts
I live in Brazil know, but i am planning on moving back to Miami some day, the only problem is that after 9-11 the immigrations laws are severe and is very har to get a work VISA, but i hope that one day i will hit my luck and move back to paradise..

·
Ça va?
3,755 Posts
Coming from the New England area...my answers will be:

1.- Work
2.- like most: Las Olas/City Place/Lincoln Rd
dont like most: transportation system/lack of cultural places
3.-It wasnt a big deal...no cultural shock or anything like that
4.-Better transportation system...think is more important than what new skyscraper is currently been built.
5.-Miami per se NO, that's why i live in Broward! :)

·
The world is yours
148 Posts
u do live in sao paulo thats a pretty nice city right?
Wanna trade? just kidding, the city is nice but i was raised on a country like USA and the life there is much better than here in brazil, here the laws dont work, 99% of the politics are thiefs and theres too much social difference, a little slice of the society has too much and the big cake of the society dont have food to eat. And also i think Brazil is the world´s number 01 in income tax, here you pay tax for everything, even to die there´s a tax.

·
Savior of Gondor
1,505 Posts
Wanna trade? just kidding, the city is nice but i was raised on a country like USA and the life there is much better than here in brazil, here the laws dont work, 99% of the politics are thiefs and theres too much social difference, a little slice of the society has too much and the big cake of the society dont have food to eat. And also i think Brazil is the world´s number 01 in income tax, here you pay tax for everything, even to die there´s a tax.
American politicians arent thieves? Check again Betto. The laws dont work often here either. The rich own the vast amount of wealth in America also, though we do have a middle class. We have a better standard of living despite the government, not because of it. OH and when I payed for my mothers funeral there were taxes on things as well.. not dieing but the stuff for the funeral, so her death was taxed also.

·
Savior of Gondor
1,505 Posts
Rider of no man's land...............all this patriotism one day after 4th of July?

Maybe you need to move farther away than Minnesota..........Canada sounds like a good option for you.:eek:hno:
Oooohhh someone doesnt like freedom of speech. You should go the other way..to Cuba. Sorry buddy but Im not going anywhere. People like me made this country, people like you would still be paying taxes to England because they dont think they should say the truth. Patriotism and nationalism in general really is not a great thing. You see they use them to start wars and kill people, truth and reality are better. Americans are no better than anyone else on this planet.

PS. Ive been to Canada and its a great country. We could learn a lot from them. You may note that the world doesnt hate them. Many Americans who travel around the world tell people they are Canadian because it can keep them safe.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Oooohhh someone doesnt like freedom of speech. You should go the other way..to Cuba. Sorry buddy but Im not going anywhere. People like me made this country, people like you would still be paying taxes to England because they dont think they should say the truth. Patriotism and nationalism in general really is not a great thing. You see they use them to start wars and kill people, truth and reality are better. Americans are no better than anyone else on this planet.

PS. Ive been to Canada and its a great country. We could learn a lot from them. You may note that the world doesnt hate them. Many Americans who travel around the world tell people they are Canadian because it can keep them safe.
thats true for some reason europeans hate americans, i went to spain and i told them i was from the US and they treated me differently, i guess is because many americans think that the US is the best place in the world.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oooohhh someone doesnt like freedom of speech. You should go the other way..to Cuba. Sorry buddy but Im not going anywhere. People like me made this country, people like you would still be paying taxes to England because they dont think they should say the truth.

You didn't make this country "buddy" and I'm just as much American as you. I was born here -- and so were my grandparents for that matter. Only difference is, I take pride in my country, and don't look to Canada or anywhere else as a role model for where we should go.
Im a little confused........how did you "make this country" and how are you keeping me from paying taxes to England? Thats quite a stretch there "buddy". Lol.
You think Im able to benefit from your contributions to the United States? You have quite a high opinion of yourself dont you? Or are you just high?
I understand freedom of speech guy, that doesn't mean I love Bill Maher and Rosie O'Donnell like I would guess you do.
Your inference that because I dont like to listen to you spew your anti-American rhetoric means I should move to Cuba only shows how inequipped you are to use intellect in situations like these.

Freedom of speech also means I get to call you on your anti-American propoganda and your views I dont agree with. I find it very offensive, but as you point out its your right to say whatever you want.

·
Ça va?
3,755 Posts
You didn't make this country "buddy" and I'm just as much American as you. Only difference is, I take pride in my country, and don't look to Canada or anywhere else as a role model for where we should go.

You proved my point by shedding more hatred for the United States. I find it offensive.
Republican talk.....:eek:hno: People need to go abroad more and see the rest of the world! This is a great country but it doesnt have all what's best and good in this world! I think we can learn something from every country! isn't kinda what we r doing now? hiring all the brains of the rest of the world to work here? MiamiMike i think u should open ur eyes a little!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I lived in Miami After moving from Southeren California. What I hate about Miami:
1.Radical polarized, slanted, biased politics led by the old nasty Cuban Americans.
2. Nasty humid weather full of bitting bugs.
3. poor Urban infrastructure, Public libraries poorly equipped and smell of urine.
4. no mountains.
5. Bad drivers that speed up and drive through red lights.
6. Very small middle class, many alienated disgruntled poor looking to slash your throat and take your wallet, pompous showy rich.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.