SkyscraperCity banner

Please rate this building :dance2:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Construction of this building was comissioned by Philip III in 1617.The works were charged to Juan Gómez de Mora and succeeded by several technicians throughout the 150 years that the construction took.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
This is a great church but it has some structural problems in the stone cupola. It was closed during many years because the cupola could fell. And is possible that soon it must return to close by the same problem.

9.5/10

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Valia said:
This is a great church but it has some structural problems in the stone cupola. It was closed during many years because the cupola could fell. And is possible that soon it must return to close by the same problem.

9.5/10
Oh please don't say that,I couldn't see this great dome falling... :cry:
btw Valia,do you have other pictures of this building,especially inside pictures?
I searched on google but it doesn't have decente pictures there...

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Phobos said:
^Ok Valia,Thanks!
When you go there to take pictures don't stay under the dome. :colgate:

Hehe. Its controlated with electronic sensors. Tomorrow it dont would tell, but the structural problem in the dome could advise to return to close it in fews years.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Hi Phofos, what about you?

Yesterday and today in the morning i have gone to make some slides about this temple, but the church was closed :(

I have maked some slides about the exterior of the build, specially of the dome.

I didnt forgot that i must make some slides about the inside of the church. But i need looking for this temple opened. Perhaps the next week.

The sky is not very pretty becouse these days it has been raining so much, I feel it.

If you needing more slides about it of anotheres builds in Salamanca say to me it.

The dome of stone

I hope that it maybe useful for you. See you

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much Valia,I liked the outside pictures a lot,they have an outstanding quality.
And don't worry about the inside pictures,when you have time you go there then...
Thanks again Valia :)

·
Uma dúzia de anos disto..
30,728 Posts
8.5/10.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts