SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
they look fantastic. so they are building a new city around the airport. when is construction going to begin?
but isnt an airport ment to be out of a city..and they are building a city around it?? dosnt make sense.

·
Golfo_Persico
2,374 Posts
ew the hajj terminal is such a waste and in my belief unislamic to the max
well they are building a second terminal and a hajj terminall next to it, I think it's a good ideo because there are a huge number of Iranians who go to Mekka/Madineh for hajj also it's good because in that way all Saudi Arabian flights from Jeddah can move to this terminal and in the hajj period they have like 4 daily flights to Tehran and the same for Iran Air, Mahan Air who also go to Jeddah couple of times daily in the hajj period :)

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
not that many people go, and most people that go are older people, and maybe in 20 years the amount of hajjis is going to dramatically decrease

i think its wrong to have a "special" section for the hajjis
but anyway, its a terminal, the building is allways there they can justt change the function whenever they can

·
Golfo_Persico
2,374 Posts
not that many people go, and most people that go are older people, and maybe in 20 years the amount of hajjis is going to dramatically decrease

i think its wrong to have a "special" section for the hajjis
but anyway, its a terminal, the building is allways there they can justt change the function whenever they can
actually many people go I don't want to talk about religion but don't forget Iran still has a huge amount of muslims and love their religion regardless their government and I know many 40 year old people who goes...also people from the age of 25+....
many Iranians go to Makkeh, Karbala and to the holy shirine of Mashad :)
I don't see the problem..it's a good thing because the flights to Jeddah are many from Tehran and they can also use the terminal for the Iraq flights to Najaf and Karbala :)
it would be good for the organisation of the airport! and maybe IKA will be a worldclass airport someday :)

1 - 20 of 126 Posts