SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll will be visiting NYC soon. everytime I go, I get jealous of the people who get to live there. I have lot's of family in the area, but I'm not bold enough to ask them can I live with them. If only I could go to school there. I need to check to see if I can tranfer my school hours to a college in NYC. Where should I go?

·
metrocard millionaire
1,257 Posts
yeah there are lots of places you can go to school here...the cuny system is very afforable even if your an out of state student.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to be a city planner, or I want to do urban design, or mabe business. I have not made up my mind yet.

·
metrocard millionaire
1,257 Posts
citykid09 said:
I want to be a city planner, or I want to do urban design, or mabe business. I have not made up my mind yet.
thats good man, y'know city college has one of the best city planning programs I know of and your in luck because they're building a dormitory. I don't know when the dormitory will be finished but I think its a good thing to keep in mind.

man the best of luck to you

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Y'all.
I just got back to Texas from New York. I really want to move there for atleast a year. It a fun place to vist, but you really can't get the feel of it if you're not there for a long time. When we went we this time, we stayed way out in Long Island and had to ride the LLIR to get in to the city. So it was very tiring. If I move there to go to school, my one of my cousins from Texas will probably come with me.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the way which area is cheaper to live in

Manhattan:

Chelsea
East Village
Financial District
Flatiron / Union Square
Greenwich Village
Harlem
Inwood / Washington Heights
Lower East Side
Midtown East Side
Midtown West Side
Morningside Heights
Murray Hill / Kips Bay
Soho
Tribeca
Upper East Side
Upper West Side

·
5,837 Posts
citykid09 said:
By the way which area is cheaper to live in

Manhattan:

Chelsea
East Village
Financial District
Flatiron / Union Square
Greenwich Village
Harlem
Inwood / Washington Heights
Lower East Side
Midtown East Side
Midtown West Side
Morningside Heights
Murray Hill / Kips Bay
Soho
Tribeca
Upper East Side
Upper West Side

probably washington heights , inwood.

·
386 Posts
savethewtc said:
Check this website, it should help:

http://www.nycareerzone.org/

Pick a job or occupation you're interested in, it tells you facts, info and stuff about the job and what colleges in NY offer the program.

hahaha our guidance counselor has us for a class and the only thing we do is careerzone.

it told me i should become a treasurer, CFO, economist, or model. don't know about the last one....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^ So why is it only $401.00 a month? Is that a bad area? What is it? Should I act on that deal? That doesn't seem right for a NYC apartment, I was expecting in the thousands.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts