1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this song from Expo in the 60's:
ENG - http://expo67.ncf.ca/canaeng.ram
FRE - http://expo67.ncf.ca/canafrn.ram

Apparently it was really popular with Canadians from the site I'm reading. They sold 250,000 copies of sheet music for it, equivalent to 2,500,000 for God Bless America in the States.

I just found out about it now. Anyone from the 60's remember anything more on it? :)

I need to write on it for a project.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I know that the person who wrote that song, Bobby Gimby, lived his last years here in North Bay and died in a local rest home some years back.

·
Registered
296 Posts
thats not bad, youre just sad

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Excuse me? In my opinion it's bad. In your opinion it's "genius".
Don't mistake me with someone who gives a bag of rocks about what you think, but I don't begrudge you your right to think it. If I wanted to hear from an asshole, I'd fart.

·
Toon Town bandit
880 Posts
Grey Towers said:
Excuse me? In my opinion it's bad. In your opinion it's "genius".
Don't mistake me with someone who gives a bag of rocks about what you think, but I don't begrudge you your right to think it. If I wanted to hear from an asshole, I'd fart.
can we mistake you for someone with a bag of rocks for brains? lol

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
^Who are you, aside from nobody, and why should I care? "lol" Let me entertain for a nanosecond that I had a "bag of rocks for brains". It would be a substantive leap forward from the vacant echo chamber that is your protective-helmeted skull.

York Transit, sincere apologies. It was not my intention to derail your discussion. I was merely expressing my opinion, something for which certain people have no tolerance if it deviates from theirs.

·
Toon Town bandit
880 Posts
It was a joke. so i am a Nobody? and who the heck are you suposed to be, somebody? dont even try to compare your brain with mine, that is like compareing a grape, (your brain) and a real brain, (my brain). what are you like 12 years old or what? you just told a guy that he was an asshole and that his opinion is comparable to fart. how much brain power dose it take to make a statment like that? none, zip, zilch. Oh-ya, the song is very cool, and I like it. thats my opinion.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Jeremy is gods grace to Canada and leads to bridge the gap of the generational discharge between the old bookworms and modern computer geeks

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
whitefordj said:
It was a joke. so i am a Nobody? and who the heck are you suposed to be, somebody? dont even try to compare your brain with mine, that is like compareing a grape, (your brain) and a real brain, (my brain). what are you like 12 years old or what? you just told a guy that he was an asshole and that his opinion is comparable to fart. how much brain power dose it take to make a statment like that? none, zip, zilch. Oh-ya, the song is very cool, and I like it. thats my opinion.
I would suggest that writing coherently, and with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, etc., something you seem to lack for someone crowing (facetiously perhaps?) about his brain power, is a constituent of intelligence, though certainly not the most important one.

The last contribution I'm going to make to this dead-end tangent is that I apologize to everyone for losing control. I should not have reacted so strongly to the first (very minor) insult. I have an unfortunate proclivity for that sometimes, and if you had harmless intentions, I'm sorry. Furthermore, the original post did not request opinions about the song, so I should not have proffered mine.

Now, please return to the question asked by York Transit, if that is still possible.

·
Toon Town bandit
880 Posts
Grey Towers said:
I would suggest that writing coherently, and with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, etc., something you seem to lack for someone crowing (facetiously perhaps?) about his brain power, is a constituent of intelligence, though certainly not the most important one.

The last contribution I'm going to make to this dead-end tangent is that I apologize to everyone for losing control. I should not have reacted so strongly to the first (very minor) insult. I have an unfortunate proclivity for that sometimes, and if you had harmless intentions, I'm sorry. Furthermore, the original post did not request opinions about the song, so I should not have proffered mine.

Now, please return to the question asked by York Transit, if that is still possible.
i Think my problem is i try to write to much stuff at one time. Im just learning now, so i should keep it short. I was just being a jerk as well, so ill take what i have coming to me. I shouldent run off at the mouth too, or keybord i this case. I realy did like the song though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts