SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of the Imperial Palace in Tokyo? I'm also looking for pics of the old Imperial Palace in Kyoto but I think the one in Tokyo is bigger because it was formerly Edo castle right? I can't seem to find any really good pics of the whole palace complex or even most of the main buildings. The best one I can find is this pic:

If you can help me I'd be grateful. TIA :)

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Hi Huhu; I don't think you can't get much better than that unless you have an helicopter :D

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vapour said:
Hi Huhu; I don't think you can't get much better than that unless you have an helicopter :D
Yeah that's kind of what I'm saying. Does anyone have aerial shots or is it illegal or something? I never see interior pictures either.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
It's the Imperial Palace Sunni.

·
Registered
551 Posts
So is the Imperial palace totally off limits or something? Even to press? Howcome we have no idea of whats inside and such?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, Imperial palace is a private house for the emperor... I don't think the press are allowed to openlly take pictures of someone else house....

·
Registered
44 Posts
In the movie "Last Samurai" of Tom Cruise, they were climbing these massive stairs to reach the palace, so is it not like that in reality? What a Hollywood crap then that movie was? The palace was located at the highest part of the city in the movie. Well, apparently not from the pictures I saw.

Or do they change the palace since Meiji?

Regards,

·
Bushido
1,283 Posts
KillBill said:
In the movie "Last Samurai" of Tom Cruise, they were climbing these massive stairs to reach the palace, so is it not like that in reality? What a Hollywood crap then that movie was? The palace was located at the highest part of the city in the movie. Well, apparently not from the pictures I saw.

Or do they change the palace since Meiji?

Regards,

Oh duh!!! And I thought Superman really does exist :bash:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts