SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
DoM
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not the author of these photos. I found them at flickr, trekearth, pbase, hanner and other webpages.

·
DoM
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ Thanks for comment. ;) I like panoramic photos, including photos which are taken from above. They show much bigger territories than usual street level pics. It would be interesting to see similar photos from other cities too. :)

·
3:36
2,834 Posts
^just what i wanted to say :)

btw - can someone please tell me something about that weird tall (9? storeys) building on the crossroad in the photo showing a long street leading to the cathedral? seems pretty interesting, would be cool if someone showed some better photos of it! :)

·
DoM
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jarmo said:
btw - can someone please tell me something about that weird tall (9? storeys) building on the crossroad in the photo showing a long street leading to the cathedral? seems pretty interesting, would be cool if someone showed some better photos of it! :)
That long street which leads to Cathedral square is called Gedimino avenue (maybe later I'll add comments to the photos ;)).
Here she be :)

I don't know much about this building. :( Just that it is used for offices. It really looks quite interesting.

·
¬¬
237 Posts
Wow :eek: ! Amazing photos :bow: :bow: :bow: , I love panoramic pictures aswell, thankyou very much Dompcz!

And that building is funky but totaly in the wrong place :bash: .

·
always on
4,800 Posts
very cool pics, and most show Vilnius as a big city with a bit of density :)

The area surrounding Gedimino is exellent, dense, superb!
And the building that jarmo noted, it also caught my eye, looks very interesting, looks 80s - the heavy top - for lifts and other stuff, but its definitely interesting!

·
DoM
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all for comments! :)
Some photos of this thread were taken from hot air balloons, they became quite popular here. :)
As for size of Vilnius, it has population of ~560 000, so it's quite small city.

Ringil said:
some nice aerials there ;) Do you have any showing the whole city/city center
I didn't find any photos which show all city center but maybe google earth can help. ;) Though google earth views of Vilnius are of quite low quality and very old. :(

·
DoM
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^ I found photo of whole city center of Vilnius (only so called "New city center" is not visible but that's not a big loss):

And here is one more photo, this time from area which is further away from the center. It's the biggest shopping center of Vilnius (about 110 000 m2). Big, flat box:

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
awesome pix... vilnius is a beautiful city !

·
DoM
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^ Thanks! First one looks great, are there any more (also including old-town area)?
I know that it's hard to find such pictures. :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts