SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know what the U.S. Government thinks of Philadelphia but what does the average person on this website think of Philadelphia. Philadelphia has accomplished everything major, for a city pertaining to its country and it seems to be looked as below par or compared to smaller but great cities such as boston quite often. When in fact it has so much more to offer throughout it's 300 plus year history. In your humble opinion please present your experience or your opinion of the city.

·
abdulsharifshoots.com
1,701 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No sir,

Just curious what forumers honestly think of our dear little city of brotherly love.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I think Philly gets very overshadowed by other cities in the general area; New York, Washington.
Its one of the biggest cities in the country but is hardly ever heard of.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
A great, big, historic city that has seen better days, but hopefully even better days lie ahead. Doesn't get the credit it deserves due to its big brother to the north.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Philadelphia is a great city, but it gets irritating seeing how insecure it's people are about it. People like Phiadelphia, it's a nice city that is extremely important to American history. I don't think there are many American's who disagree with that. Philadelphia likes to "pick fights" with Chicago quite often on this forum, and I regret to inform you, that while Philadelphia is one of the best cities and metros in America, Chicago IS more significant.

·
The Jive is Alive.
1,537 Posts
I think Philly is one of the coolest, realist, most impressive cities in the United States. It has all the muscle, history, grit, diversity and soul of a world-class East Coast metropolis. Not a bad thing to say about the place.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
Philly was fun when I visited two years ago. Very urban, lot's of stuff to do and a good (not great, but good) skyline. Having the Battleship New Jersey right across the river from downtown was interesting as well. Good tour too. That ship is a beast.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I like Philly a lot. I'd probably put it in my top 3 with Chi and NY. It's urban as they come, but like others have said, the king of the east coast is always in the spotlight.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It's alright. I don't think much of it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
UrbanSophist said:
Is there any city you think much of?
(In USA)San Diego, SF, NYC, Vancouver (BC), Seattle, Portland, LA.

And why should you care?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I really like Philly. ROCguy said it best though about how insecure the people are about it. I almost started to dislike it due to some of the people on here but I had to remember you cant judge a whole city on a few idiots. But it is a wonderful city. I actully like it better than N.Y.C.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Philadelphians and Philadelphia, jivecity said it best. We are not insecure about our city we love this city and we don't mind boasting. That's the way of Philadelphia and most East Coast Cities. Go to a baseball game in Philadelphia and you will get some idea of what a true Philadelphian is all about. We're the city who booed santa claus.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Booing Santa Clause has nothing to do with boasting about the city.
In fact, that put Philly in a negative light all across the U.S. from the media.
People werent saying "Look how cool they are". They were saying "miserable assholes". I wouldnt brag about that day if I was from Philly.

·
Registered
700 Posts
JBOB said:
Booing Santa, I was at that game, LOL. Santa is the devil. Hey I agree we got the muscle, we love this city and we know every city has problems L.A. Riots, Midwestern folk gangs and gangsters and the east coast everything in between, that's america for ya love it or leave it.
Damn true, lol.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts