Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I cant compete with SYDNEY or Mr_kiwi_fruit's Quality but ill try my best. Here's my thread dedicated to Auckland, my new city. Iam studying Architecture at the University of Auckland. I arrived Friday morning. I've been very impressed with Auckland so far.

·
6,438 Posts
Nice collection Burden. I could have guessed that the first photo would have been a shopping centre :) Those photos of the freeway snaking its way up the hill are pretty cool, and I like the shot of the suburban street with the ridiculously green rolling hills behind. Anyway good luck over there :eek:kay:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
What is wrong with the water?

Also I love that Highway shot, Very cool and the countdown pedestrian timers are something I have never seen before.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this a countdown timer for the pedestrian crossing?

Yes, First time i've seen them. I don't even remember them in the built up areas of Piccadilly in London where there are mass amounts of street patronage, when I was there a few months back.

From what I've interpreted (Opened to explanation from Aucklanders :)) traffic is stopped in all directions on the busiest parts in Queens street, then it gives pedestrians 30 seconds to cross in any which way from point to point, then traffic resumes as per normal - But whoever thought of it must be a billionare ;) it is an excellent idea, its funny seeing tourists run across the street with seconds to spare ;)

I've settled in really well here, and have moved into my new pad in Gulf Harbour, such a stunning area and outcrop. Has a great view of the Auckland Skyline from the ferry terminal and my bedroom window. I love Westfield Albany and I hate Waitakere, only because I had a sour moment with an elderly Asian who almost killed me turning off a street, Oa boy did I 'drop nut' and give her a friendly Australian warning ;)

·
ﺕ
1,997 Posts
Asian drivers in Auckland. Get used to it!

Hope you're having a great time in NZ - wait for winter..

G

·
We also love Gulf Harbour and looked at buying an incredible house there for really cheap but the ferry doesn't run often enough for our lifestyle :( Glad to read that you love it and that you are having a great time, one should be able to enjoy just about anywhere within reason ;)

As for winter, fly down to Queenstown for some skiing, drive down to Rotorua for a hot spa weekend, catch the train to Wellington for a long weekend of pure caffeine indulgence in some of the snuggest cafes this side of the Pacific and watch the fog roll down the mountains and into the harbour. You will love winter ;) Make the most of it !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts