SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know what cities are hypercities in your eyes ? hypercities are over megacities and must have over 20 million inhabitants ! what you think about the term hypercities !? i think the only "hypercities" are NYC Sao Paulo , Mexico City , Tokyo and Seoul ! what u think about it ?

·
Registered
meow
9,936 Posts
^^ I think you could add Los Angeles to that list too, it's HUGE and well, it has almost 20 million inhabitants as well.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
1 Tokyo
2Seoul
3NYC
4Sao Paulo
5Shanghai
6 Hong Kong
7 Toronto
8L.A.
I think hypercities are cities who are energetic, modern, vibrant, have a lot of people, lot of shopping /nightlife, and are well known around the world.

·
BANGED
772 Posts
Well, if the definition of a hypercity is solely based on population, then there are 4 or 5 hypercities: Tokyo, Mexico City, Seoul, New York, and maybe Sao Paulo.

·
Banned
3,272 Posts
Why would you call this "hypercities" and not "gigacities" ? Well, anyway, all those words are rather empty to me.

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
macon4ever said:
1 Tokyo
2Seoul
3NYC
4Sao Paulo
5Shanghai
6 Hong Kong
7 Toronto
8L.A.
I think hypercities are cities who are energetic, modern, vibrant, have a lot of people, lot of shopping /nightlife, and are well known around the world.
Toronto???

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
macon4ever said:
1 Tokyo
2Seoul
3NYC
4Sao Paulo
5Shanghai
6 Hong Kong
7 Toronto
8L.A.
I would replace Shanghai with London in your list. (It's not only the sheer number of residents that makes a city "hyper" IMO).

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
SuomiPoika said:
Toronto???
He said "I think hypercities are cities who are energetic, modern, vibrant, have a lot of people, lot of shopping /nightlife, and are well known around the world."

Thats Toronto to me.

But anyway Out of the Top 3.
Tokyo
NYC
Sao Paulo

·
Kibic
537 Posts
Tokyo is the only hypercity. It is the only urbanized area in the World with over 20 million. New York will be a hypercity in 2014.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.