Skyscraper City Forum banner
61 - 80 of 513 Posts

·
3,968 Posts
4 minuteS? Thats quite good - this was rare 10 years ago..
anyone know whether other cities also have a quick response time as well? especially cities with well equipped patrol cars?
Its pretty good now a days.... Here in Bangalore, first one to arrive would be the Cheetah [Bike patrol] within 5-10 mins they'll arrive.

Those days only few cops used to have the walky talky, these days all the cops, including the constables have them, hence the quicker response time.

·
Punjabi for Life..!!!
4,431 Posts
Good Joke:lol::lol:.... It is Chinese police car.... Dont try to get free publicity by these tricks da..

I do hope our policemen are paid and given good facilities like counterparts in other countries.:)
Yaar why is it so difficult to read my answer above to the same question asked again and again.....

Ahhh its boring.....

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Its pretty good now a days.... Here in Bangalore, first one to arrive would be the Cheetah [Bike patrol] within 5-10 mins they'll arrive.

Those days only few cops used to have the walky talky, these days all the cops, including the constables have them, hence the quicker response time.
Wow - The south has taken some impressive leads - quick response to crime is strong indication of the stability and maturity of the civic region. Wonder how the progress is in the North and West? - Delhi I'm aware is making progress in their response time - Haven't heard much about the more dynamic cities like Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh and Pune ?

·
Registered Kochinite. MI
24,373 Posts
Wow - The south has taken some impressive leads - quick response to crime is strong indication of the stability and maturity of the civic region. Wonder how the progress is in the North and West? - Delhi I'm aware is making progress in their response time - Haven't heard much about the more dynamic cities like Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh and Pune ?
True!!! Being personally from Kerala, I know well the Kerala police is quite fast in responding. Perhaps they have introduced several multi-modal alerting systems.

Example, if a first or second degree crime is seen, Anti-crime patrol team will rush quickly if one alerts thro' 1090 number, apart from standard 100.

One can send alert thro' even thro a blank SMS to 9497 900 000 which is really unique. In addition, crimes/offences can be reported via MMS, by clicking a photo and forwarding to same number. Recently Kerala Police announced a scheme, Click a Crime, where any pics or video related a crime, if forwarded to Police, will immediately rewarded with Rs 5000 per MMS.

In addition, all policemen in Kerala have a Blackberry, with exclusive numbers and services provided by Vodafone, so that they can access information anywhere.

Anyway, I am sharing information about Kerala police which I know... By the way, I am not working in Kerala Police

·
The Anglophile
153 Posts

·
Registered
7,554 Posts

Sorry, I don't have original pics. Taken from Hindu Newspapers- Hence BW Pics... This is Speed Tracer Vehicles of Kerala Motor Vehicle Department, fitted with radars and speed guns along with computerized road cams. The vehicles could be found mainly in highways to catch traffic offenders and motor licence offenders. They use mostly TATA INDIGO CS cars and Toyota.
They are not Indigo CS, but Indigo. . The photo is shot in front of Trans Towers, Trivandrum

This news would be little old one, I had taken some pictures of the Indigo Speed Tracer parked in front of the ‘Trans Tower’ perhaps in 2007 or so.

Not sure whether they are doing duty now.

·
Registered Kochinite. MI
24,373 Posts
They are not Indigo CS, but Indigo. . The photo is shot in front of Trans Towers, Trivandrum

This news would be little old one, I had taken some pictures of the Indigo Speed Tracer parked in front of the ‘Trans Tower’ perhaps in 2007 or so.

Not sure whether they are doing duty now.
Yes Yes.... They are still in service. Actually I came to be in aware that such a system is there only 4 months back when I was caught by them for overspeeding. They parked their cars in such a way that we won't see them while driving, but the moment your speed flashed in their screens, they jump from no-where to fine.

It was for the first I saw a patrol Sedan car in Kerala.....

61 - 80 of 513 Posts