SkyscraperCity banner

3801 - 3820 of 10021 Posts

·
0821- City of Palaces!
35,149 Posts
Please confirm the same for DTC's low floor also (if there is any difference). I have read both 290 mm and 390 mm but don't know which one is correct (if either of them is).
sure Abhishek I will ask him to mail me the details and I will share it with you all.I invited him to join SSCI.:)

I did ask him about the difference in Low floor A/C and SLF A/C buses he said it differs mainly in the Chasis design.

·
0821- City of Palaces!
35,149 Posts
^^ I don't think any other south Indian city has TM AC buses. TM (non ac) in Chennai are semi-low floors as well.
kewl Mysore division has TM Marcopolo A/C buses...........:banana:

According to my friend TM dharwad plant sold 12 A/C TM buses to KSRTC(Mysore division)

·
0821- City of Palaces!
35,149 Posts
Next time I visit Mysore I will post the A/C TATA Marcopolo bus pic :happy:

Some TATA Marcopolo SLF in Mysore

cc raghu

·
0821- City of Palaces!
35,149 Posts
KSRTC Saarigae Buses @ Satellite bus stand Bangalore

KSRTC :SAARIGAE: class service

These are ordinary class buses of KSRTC

cc ranjith

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks Akash ,for sharing such a nice photo , though the buses are old but bus stand is itself is neat and clean , Overall Namma karnataka buses specially the new ones (volvo)are best in india , and proudly manufactured in Namma Karnataka ...

KSRTC :SAARIGAE: class service

These are ordinary class buses of KSRTC

cc ranjith

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Do you mean that the AC buses in Delhi and Bangalore are different? They appear the same. Is it logical to think that Tata would adopt two different platforms for the same A/c city bus which will be against the ‘economies of scale’? Also buses for both cities are manufactured in the Dharwad Plant. So is it profitable to keep two lines of production?
First: Yes. The buses in Delhi and Bangalore are entirely different. Here are the major differences:
The ones in Delhi are Low Floor buses (no-steps), while the ones in Bangalore are Semi-LF buses (One Step).
The ones in Delhi are powered by 230hp rear mount CNG Engines (AC) while the ones in Bangalore are powered by a 180hp rear mount diesel engine.

Why would it be not logical? As far as Tata-Marcopolo is concerned, its only a body builder. As far as TATA Motors are concerned, their output is 'x' number of Chassis. For a body builder, the overall design is the same - they use the same mould for the front and the back. The sheet work on the sides are exactly the same, except for the design of the windows.

What is the flaw in the ‘Low Floor’ buses of TM?. If it is so, why are they running without any problem in Delhi?
Did I say there was a flaw in the Low Floor buses in Delhi? My post only said it did not click with BMTC - now an STU rejecting a bus need not be exclusively on technical grounds. (You should surely know, there are lot of other considerations that go behind each STU order).

I am not gone inside a TM, both ac and non ac, but from outside, it appears to me that a/c TMs are without steps. You can say that it is not the steps but the floor height from floor which determines whether it is low floor or not. In that case, since non ac TM is still higher with steps, I wonder how can both be termed semi-low floors.?
The non-AC semi low floor buses have two steps, while the AC semi-Low floor has only one step. The reason is simple. The engine being at the rear end, the AC buses have a lower saloon floor height to the front (where all the steps are located), while the rear saloon is higher (exactly the same height as the floor of the non-ac semi low floors).

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,809 ·
Did I say there was a flaw in the Low Floor buses in Delhi? My post only said it did not click with BMTC - now an STU rejecting a bus need not be exclusively on technical grounds. (You should surely know, there are lot of other considerations that go behind each STU order). ).
Did I say that you said there is a flaw? I was asking whether there is any flaw on the basis of which BMTC rejected the initial low floor TM buses which were on trial.

The non-AC semi low floor buses have two steps, while the AC semi-Low floor has only one step. The reason is simple. The engine being at the rear end, the AC buses have a lower saloon floor height to the front (where all the steps are located), while the rear saloon is higher (exactly the same height as the floor of the non-ac semi low floors).
Thanks for the info, I have not seen the inside of a TM bus. Still I am not much clear, is there any step in the front door as well as back door? Or in the front is it like enterting directly to the floor of the bus.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thanks for the info, I have not seen the inside of a TM bus. Still I am not much clear, is there any step in the front door as well as back door? Or in the front is it like enterting directly to the floor of the bus.
This picture should clear your doubt. This is the rear door of the AC Marcopolo in Bangalore.

I call this a step, not sure what you call this ;)

Other than Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Mysore, which cities got Tata Marcopolo buses? Kolkotta and Pune, it looks like ACGL built buses. Not sure about Hyderabad though.
AFAIK, JNNURM Cities in UP have received Marcopolos. Down South, the AC Marcopolo has descended only on Bangalore and Mysore. TN has orders for AC Low Floor buses for Madurai and Coimbatore - not sure if that would be volvos or any other make.

·
0821- City of Palaces!
35,149 Posts
Thanks Akash ,for sharing such a nice photo , though the buses are old but bus stand is itself is neat and clean , Overall Namma karnataka buses specially the new ones (volvo)are best in india , and proudly manufactured in Namma Karnataka ...
Kp Muthu you must be proud of our KSRTC regional workshops(Kengeri and Hubli) which have come up with beautiful SLF designs for which KSRTC mechanical division got a pat from the union ministry asking other states to emulate their designs.

I bet no other state corporation can beat us in this regard.We have a strong body building Industry in our state.

No wonder KSRTC is executing orders from across the state.KSRTC has received orders from Rajasthan.

·
0821- City of Palaces!
35,149 Posts
Some TATA Marcopolo Dharwad plant pics

All pics Copyrighted to my Friend

See even Minor details like BMTC labels is done at Dharwad plant

Buses meant for Export

TATA Marcopolo Dharwad/Hubli unit will soon carry the tag of being the world's largest Bus manufacturing plant,What a proud moment for me who hails from Belgaum a district next to Dharwad.
Never mind I can boast of Belgaum having India's biggest bus body building plant of Mag Alma Motors. ;) Most of the JNNURM buses i.e. Ash ley Buses get their body built at the Mag Alma motors,Mag Alma motors also builds body for Eicher motors.

·
When it rains, it pours!
2,451 Posts
Thats kewl :)

Btw, I happened to travel today in MTC Marcopolos and they suck to the core. Its vibrating like a tractor when its not running and on, like waiting in signal etc, no leg space, too noisy, no suspension. :bash: :bash: :bash: It juzz jumps on a speed breaker! :nuts:

AL buses are far better, low noise, good suspension, decent leg space and doesnt vibrate.:) Though the seating arrangement is haphazard, its kinda comfy.

kewl Mysore division has TM Marcopolo A/C buses...........:banana:

According to my friend TM dharwad plant sold 12 A/C TM buses to KSRTC(Mysore division)

·
0821- City of Palaces!
35,149 Posts
old news...It says BMTC had ordered for two Low floor buses
Tata Motors has already executed the first order from DTC for 655 low-floor city buses. Market reports indicate that the company has bagged the second tender for 1,625 buses which is already under production. The company is also working with many other State and city transport corporations, including BMTC in Bangalore, for which the company has recently supplied 2 low-floor city buses.
The Dharwad plant, considered the largest bus manufacturing plant in the world, will strengthen Tata Motors’ presence in the bus market.
For More

Anyways if BMTC does not have low floor TATA Marcopolo buses we are not dejected we have reinforced the void with a large fleet of superior quality low floor buses in the form of Namma Volvos :banana:

No city in India can beat Bengaluru here not even Delhi. ;)

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,817 ·
Binai,

See my query to you. I have only asked you whether there is any step in TM since I don’t know it. I have made it clear earlier that I have not got in to a TM so far, or for that case any BMTC bus except a Volvo. That question was to educate me on that.

I have not seen the inside of a TM bus. Still I am not much clear, is there any step in the front door as well as back door? Or in the front is it like entering directly to the floor of the bus.
And your WISE reply is

I call this a step, not sure what you call this ;)
Have you descended from Mars or Moon to be have this doubt? Did you learn english from there? In Earth also, we call that 'step', understood?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is some information on the Tata Marcopolo branded HCV buses offered by TML for JnNURM:

1. LPO1623RE CNG - LF390mm; A/c & Non a/c versions
2. LPO1624RE CRDI - LF390mm; A/c version, with CumminsISBe 240Hp engine
3. LPO1618RE BS3 - LF390mm & SLF650mm, A/c & non A/c versions
4. LPO1618FE BS3 - SLF840mm; Non A/c version with Cummins 180Hp engine.

Chassis:
1. LPO1618FE - SLF840mm; (12meter)
2. LPO1512FE - SLF840mm; (11meter)
Other than these, LPO1618FE SLF is offered with body built by ACGL etc.

·
Registered
210 Posts
AFAIK, JNNURM Cities in UP have received Marcopolos. Down South, the AC Marcopolo has descended only on Bangalore and Mysore. TN has orders for AC Low Floor buses for Madurai and Coimbatore - not sure if that would be volvos or any other make.
Thanks Binai, I was asking about the non AC version. The kind in MTC fleet.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Other than Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Mysore, which cities got Tata Marcopolo buses? Kolkotta and Pune, it looks like ACGL built buses. Not sure about Hyderabad though.
Chandigarh also.

old news...It says BMTC had ordered for two Low floor buses

Anyways if BMTC does not have low floor TATA Marcopolo buses we are not dejected we have reinforced the void with a large fleet of superior quality low floor buses in the form of Namma Volvos :banana:

No city in India can beat Bengaluru here not even Delhi. ;)
lol. DTC has ordered 3250 low floor buses till now (which were supposed to be delivered last year but it got delayed) and I think it has received most of them. DTC is in the process of giving another order for 1000 low floor buses to be delivered this year.

The first corporate private cluster operator in Delhi will also bring about 250 low floor buses this year.

Govt has planned to purchase a total of 6600 low floor buses by 2011-2012, and the pvt corporate operators were also supposed to purchase 4400 low floor buses but govt has relaxed norms for them (except the first pvt operator). They can purchase semi low floor or standard buses also (meeting certain requirements).

So DTC alone will be the largest operator of low floor buses by a very long margin. In fact, so far none of the city transport corp (like BEST or BMTC) even have a total of 6600 buses of all kinds included, leave alone low floors.

Apart from that, the suburbs like Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida, etc. are buying hundreds of low floor buses for their own transport corporations which will complement DTC.

3801 - 3820 of 10021 Posts