SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 1057 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Hardly, Comrade General. Its just the surprise resulting from yet another misconception being burst.

·
His Royal Highness
1,094 Posts
General Huo said:
Sorry, mate, Hindi characters lit by LED (not even LCD, let alone OLCD) are High-Tech? What a low standard of High-Tech in Delhi! no wonder there are so many so-called "High-Tech" coming from India. :bash:
Ok don't waste your time trying to question the high tech from India :lol: I think I know who you are already, General "saanp" :lol: If you're not, welcome and thank you so much for showing your intent to sign up in these forums! I look forward to more shows of explict ignorance and huge ego from you. You could join us in the India forum too. For the time being, just feed yourself admiring your own country. :)

·
28,068 Posts
elfreako said:
Those Hindi characters lit up on the LED destination board underneath the English look absolutley fuc&#ing fantastic!!! I'm sorry, but I don't normally associate seeing Hindi characters displayed in so High-Tech an environment! Good on ya India! Next, we need to see those underground metros expanding to Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai.
Now in the above - Elfreako says that the HIndi Characters look fuc&#ing fantastic. He also talks of High-Tech environment. Two very separate things.

He never says Hindi characters in LED look hitech.

But someone here in a hurry to criticise India obviously jumped the gun a bit too early

General Huo said:
Sorry, mate, Hindi characters lit by LED (not even LCD, let alone OLCD) are High-Tech?

Delhi Metro Rocks!

:cheers:

·
28,068 Posts
GuilhermeC said:
I looks very nice.

I just watched today an old season of The Amazing Race in Mumbai ....the capital because I was taken a back with such levels of poverty
Obviously Amazing Race isn't the best place to know about India. Don't be taken in by stereotypes that people find easy to project. Amazing Race is no exception to stereotyping.

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
Don't we love all that western stereotyping...
In CNN any picture in a news article on China or India or something always has raggedy-looking people or a crowd of bikers on dusty streets.

·
28,068 Posts
superchan7 said:
Don't we love all that western stereotyping...
In CNN any picture in a news article on China or India or something always has raggedy-looking people or a crowd of bikers on dusty streets.
And the worst thing is we all fall for the stereotypes. I have seen people in this forum get all upset about "wrong ideas" and "stereotypes" of their own cities and countries. But they often don't hestitate to stereotype other cities or nations.

Pretty strange!

:)

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
very modern and nice...i like the trains and the interior of the stations...but think the exterior is kinda ugly..

·
always on
4,799 Posts
the new China :)/\, biggest damn democracy in the world... cant wait to see Scrapers everywhere :D you own.. keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
ch1le said:
the new China :)/\, biggest damn democracy in the world... cant wait to see Scrapers everywhere :D you own.. keep up the good work!

The so called democracy. Democracy works only for wealthy countries. Most Indians are still deprived of basic needs, what good is democracy then? Will democracy feed you? You think those poor countrymen have rights, freedoms?

Ah...dunno why I said those things it just popped into my head.

·
His Royal Highness
1,094 Posts
zergcerebrates said:
The so called democracy. Democracy works only for wealthy countries. Most Indians are still deprived of basic needs, what good is democracy then? Will democracy feed you? You think those poor countrymen have rights, freedoms?

Ah...dunno why I said those things it just popped into my head.
Well, I wont argue with you, it's pointless, but cut out the crap, besides it deviates from the main focus of this thread.

21 - 40 of 1057 Posts