SkyscraperCity banner

441 - 460 of 19817 Posts

·
Registered
11,097 Posts
^^^^

That's because with the current economic situation that the USA is, it will need more money for future bailouts.... :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
why bullet train between patna and new delhi?? i mean it would make more sense to have them between mumbai/delhi, delhi/chandigarh, hyd/chennai, chennai/blr, blr/hyd. I bet all those routes have business travelers who are willing and have the capacity to ride bullet trains. i just don't see how a bullet train between patna and delhi can be successful. my two cents.

·
Registered
618 Posts
why bullet train between patna and new delhi?? i mean it would make more sense to have them between mumbai/delhi, delhi/chandigarh, hyd/chennai, chennai/blr, blr/hyd. I bet all those routes have business travelers who are willing and have the capacity to ride bullet trains. i just don't see how a bullet train between patna and delhi can be successful. my two cents.
two words: Laloo Prasad

·
Registered
398 Posts
I heard from one of my friend in Chennai that planning for dedicated high speed rail link from chennai to blr is well underway. Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Kollam Junction to become the 2nd largest Railway Station in Kerala area wise shortly

Kollam Junction to become the 2nd largest Railway Station in Kerala area wise shortly
Kollam Municipal Corporation has agreed to give 1.5 acres of land near Upasana Hospital on the other end of the Kollam Junction Station. With the addition of this land, Kollam Junction will become the 2nd largest Railway station in Kerala after Shornur Junction in area. Railway will construct a 2nd entrance for the station at the Upasana Hospital side with ticket counters. ^^:banana:^^

Currently, Kollam Junction is the 3rd largest station in Kerala after Shornur and Palakkad Junctions in area and 4th largest regarding yearly income after Ernakulam, Trivandrum and Palakkad Junction stations.

Moreover, Kollam Junction is going to be the hub of the Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) suburban railway system by the end of 2009. It will resemble the Mumbai suburban railway system, though there will not be a dedicated line for it.

The Kollam - Punalur broad gauge is to be commissioned by March 2009 though it seems it will get delayed by seeing the work progress. The long cherished dream of the eastern kollamaites as well as the businessmen from western Tamil Nadu will be materialized soon. As part of this project the existing platform number 4 in Kollam junction is extended to a total length of 1180 meters which is more than the length of the existing longest platform in the world (Kharagpur - 1072.5 meters). :cheers:

·
Registered
705 Posts
safety first, bullet trains next!!

What can be done to prevent such incidents (please read the TOI article below)? If the current technology is not upgraded and safety not improved, bullet trains would be a disaster. Luckily in this incident nothing happened other than the engine being slightly damaged

BHADOI (UP): Varanasi-bound Kashi Vishwanath Express rammed into a stationary goods train at Janghari railway junction, 30 kilometres from here,
early on Tuesday.

The incident occurred when the Kashi Vishwanath Express was coming from New Delhi and went on the same track on which the goods train was stationed, Railway Protection Force sources said.

There is no report of casualty in the collision, sources said, adding however, the engine of the express train was damaged in the incident.
source -
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/..._train/articleshow/4035155.cms?TOI_latestnews

·
When it rains, it pours!
2,451 Posts
Lalu and Bullets!?!?:lol: Wat a combo :D

Fine, but why in the hell are they goin for bullet trains with 300-320 kmph?? Why cant they sign MoU with France for TGV which operates at more than 550kmph??
Anyway they're gonna invest more, then why to go for chota speed??

·
--
1,723 Posts
there are no trains which go at commercial speeds of over 320 i think. The TGV was tested at a max speed of 570 kph, but in commercial operations, it rarely goes above 300. The fastest commercial operation of a hsl right now is in china i think at arnd 330........

·
Registered
386 Posts
Rae Bareli Rail Coach Factory to be eco-friendly

http://www.livemint.com/2009/01/28103110/Rae-Bareli-Rail-Coach-Factory.html

New Delhi: The upcoming Rail Coach Factory in Rae Bareli will present the eco-friendly side of Indian Railways sporting smokeless chimneys and neutralising effluents from the plant. As many as 14 types of coaches, including ‘AC double decker day cars’ would roll out from the factory.

Railways push for eco-friendly initiatives in its manufacturing units was demonstrated recently when it decided to tap wind energy to power the Integral Coach Factory in Perumbur, Chennai. It also put its green toilet programme on fast track.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Cabinet ministry has reportedly rejected nine rail link projects out of twelve that were proposed by the Maharashtra government. The rejected nine projects were worth Rs.2,000 crore , while the three worth Rs.556 have been approved.

Source : Read Here

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lalu and Bullets!?!?:lol: Wat a combo :D

Fine, but why in the hell are they goin for bullet trains with 300-320 kmph?? Why cant they sign MoU with France for TGV which operates at more than 550kmph??
Anyway they're gonna invest more, then why to go for chota speed??
Wow He seem extremely excited about this whole Bullet train in India after riding in a Japanese Bullet train once..:lol:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wow He seem extremely excited about this whole Bullet train in India after riding in a Japanese Bullet train once..:lol:
He was excited in converting all railway stations into world class stations after visiting Europe, mainly Switzerland.

Dunno, howz the internet plan and the Tv plan for Rajdhanis going at the moment.. So far havent heard any progress

·
Registered
398 Posts
I kid you not...you better pray that the center grants us our own army and riot officers or we are going to part from India and join Japan or Germany. Either of the two once-failed-great powers.
In Reality , its hard to get high speed rails from kolkata because it is the only big city in the whole region. Compared to taht, Bangalore,Chenna,Hyderabad are all in one region with Mumbai, pune,Ahmedabad,Nagpur,Vadodara in another region. Ideal would be Bangalore based highspeed network to chennai, hyderabad, pune and mumbai .. And Ahmedabad,Nagpur,Vadodara from mumbai. Those are viable because lot of people travel between those cities.. Ofcourse not counting out Delhi mumbai.... In north only Delhi - chandigarh seems viable.

441 - 460 of 19817 Posts