Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
so far i know last time indonesia host olympic in the year 1996
for 2008 beijing will host
for 2012 paris will host

·
Registered
58 Posts
Indonesia Hosing the Olympics????? I don't dislike the idea! But, realistically there's way toooooooooooooooooooo much unfinished homework, before we can even attempt to THINK about such an idea. As that would mark the "coming of age" for Indonesia, for the Country, for its People! The greatest PR Opportunity on the Planet.
For now, HOWEVER................... DREAM ON!!!!
ciao tutti, dian

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
encon said:
so far i know last time indonesia host olympic in the year 1996
for 2008 beijing will host
for 2012 paris will host
Indonesia has never hosted the olympics. And I don't think the venue's been decided for 2012.

·
Urban Monk
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh.. i forgot to give my opinion.. I think at the VERY very very earliest will be 2020.

Btw... they give each continent a chance right? Next will be beijing (Asia), so the next time it come to Asia will be in the next 20 years.. so yeah... 2024 maybe..

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
But India lacks of infrastructure might hamper the chance to host the olympics, You have to remember, apart from the infrastructure and facilities, you must also earn medals in the olympics before you can host such event. India AFAIK, only got 1 medal in the last olympic while Indonesia already have gold medals and other medals since 1992 olympics in Barcelona.

Indonesia also once hosting Asian games, so i would think Indonesia will get 1st chance then India. The earliest is between 2020-2030

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts