24. The Dayak people is the collective name for the indigenous inhabitants of Kalimantan. The most striking feature of many of the older Dayak women is their pierced ear lobes, stretched with the weight of heavy gold or brass rings. This custom is increasingly rare among the young. Older Dayaks, influenced by missionaries, often trim their ear lobes as a sign of conversion.
The map is wrong, West Kalimantan in the map is actually East Kalimantan and v.v
Sorry for no updates for long time
25. Stone Jumping in Nias, a manhood ritual that sees young men leaping over two meter stone towers to their fate. In the past the top of the stone board is covered with spikes and sharp pointed bamboo.
26. Lakey Pipe, Hu'u, West Nusa Tenggara. Situated around 250-300 meters from the shore line and breaking in front of a more narly shelf of rock and reef. The mid tide rising is usually the best time to safely get what you came for, as the lower end is just getting to damn shallow. The wave itself has a fairly sedated take off, once you negotiate it and get to the bottom the wave then hits the shelf and throws out a solid backdoor barrel that leaves enough space to drive a small car through. This wave is suited best for surfers and body boarders with tube riding experience. Optimum wave height is always in that magic double over head range, but the Pipe can also take it bigger. Through the afternoon when the wind usually turns cross-shore and up to 20 knot in strength the Pipe turns it on for the more experienced kite and wind surfers.
27. Citarik River Raft. The citarik River's head waters are located in the Mount Halimun National Park ensuring the section we raft on features cool, clear and beutifully clean water.The rapids are Class III which mean they are suitable for beginners while providing enough whitewater excitement for more experienced rafters.
28. Pagaruyung Palace situated 5 kms from the center of Batusangkar town, West Sumatra. The palace reflects the lavish royal style of architecture in vogue at the time which is much visited by tourist. The kingdom at the beginning of its history was ruled by a queen, named Bundo Kanduang. The architecture is native to West Sumatra, and are usual to found in houses, offices, buildings, in West Sumatra. It's inspired by bull's horn.
29. Pura Ulun Danau Bratan, Bedugul, Bali. Built in the 17th century on highland Lake Bratan. This gemlike temple is half on the mainland, half on a tiny island. It is one of Bali’s kayangan jagat (directional temples) and protects Bali from evil spirits from the NW. For tourists visiting Bali, Pura Ulun Danau Bratan is a convenient temple to visit and a pleasant place for a rest stop.
30. Flatworm at Bunaken National Marine Park. It lies in the very epicentre of the world’s marine biodiversity in the Indo-Pacific Ocean. It offers more than 100 different dive sites, all rich with tropical marine life, with diving all year round. It is also very easy to get to, with direct flights from Singapore 3-4 times a week, depending on the season.
31. Harau Valley located at the distance of 14 kms from Payakumbuh, West Sumatra. This green valley enclosed by perpendicular grand walls of many colour as 100-200 meters high. Three water falls - Sarasah Bunta, Sarasah Murai, and Sarasah Aka Barayun - disgorge their water down the cliffs onto the valley. This valley is a nature and wildlife reserve, where tapir, siamangs, boars, wild goats and tigers still roam.
32. Lengkuas Island, Bangka-Belitung Islands, is an island with beautiful beaches. It's also still virgin, untouched, uncrowded, yet the people are friendly to greet you. The unique landscape with its purely white sand, and the crystal clear seawater. It is also popular with its granite boulder white stones beach. This beautiful nature is also accompanied by hundreds of small islands, which add the beautiful tourism area in Bangka-Belitung Islands. Bangka-Belitung Islands have many of millions best and unique beaches in Indonesia.
33. Batu Kabobong - Tanatoraja, South Sulawesi, is also called Erotic Mountain or ****** Mountain, by its shape formed by the valley and slopes. A rest house is built on an elevation, giving a clear view of the countryside.
34. Tournament of Flowers (TOF), is one of Tomohon Flower Festival (TFF) events which is located in Tomohon, North Sulawesi. TFF is celebrated yearly in June-July and consist of Tournament of Flowers, seminars, expos, Flower Business Forum, culinary festival, art shows, fashion show, and so on.
35. Equator Monument, Pontianak, West Kalimantan. Pontianak is the capital of the Indonesian province of West Kalimantan. It is a medium-size industrial city located at 0°0′N, 109°20′E, located precisely on the equator.
36. Dieng Hindu Temple, Dieng Plateau, Central Java. They're Hindu temples from the 7th and 8th centuries, the oldest Hindu temples in Central Java, and the first known standing stone structures in Java. They are originally thought to have numbered 400 but only 8 remain. The Dieng structures were small and relatively plain, but stone architecture developed substantially in only a matter of decades resulting in masterpieces such as the Prambanan complex and Borobudur. The name "Dieng" comes from Di Hyang which means "Abode of the Gods". Its misty location almost 2000 m above sea level, and its mists, poisonous effusions and sulphur-coloured lakes make it a particularly auspicious place for religious tribute
38. Taman Sari, Yogyakarta. The main swimming pool where "the ladies" enjoyed the water. The tower is where the Sultan of Yogyakarta, Hamengkubuwono I stayed. And behind the tower the Sultan's private pool is hidden. From this building the Sultan watched all the women swimming. Then he might ask some of them to accompany him into the private pool. It was built in 1758 by the Sultan Hamengkubuwono I.
39. Golo Curu, Ruteng, Nusa Tenggara Timur. These ricefields in Golo Curu near Ruteng, Flores are arranged in a rarely seen spiderweb pattern. The three centers of the 'web' are places for offerings and festivities for the villagers.
40. Pulau Air (Water Island), Thousand Islands, Jakarta. It is the only regency of Jakarta, Indonesia. A string of 105 islands stretching 45 kilometres north into the Java Sea, with the closest lying in Jakarta Bay only a few kilometres off mainland Jakarta. There are some resorts and golf course in some islands, and ruins of Dutch forts.
41. Town of Lembang, West Java. Lembang is a cool mountainous town North of Bandung. It is popular with local tourists for its refreshing climate and the proximity to the Tangkuban Prahu (photo soon will be posted ) volcano, Bandung 's main tourist attraction. Even though Lembang in itself is doesn't have that much to offer, it is worth a daytrip to savor some local specialties and gawk at the beautiful panoramas on the way.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to skyscrapers, towers, highrises, construction, and city planning enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about structures, styles, reviews, scale, transportation, skylines, architecture, and more!