SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
These videos are a bit dated, but they also show what Bandung's LRT (capsule metro) will look like and operate.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Medan city's new elevated airport railway is now fully operational, including the new station

PT.KAI ( Regional Division I for North Sumatera and Aceh) has built the entire new elevated section to cut train journey time from Kualanamu International Airport to Medan city from 45-55 minutes to 28 minutes. With this section in operation Airport train does not share the line with the regional/local train services anymore.

The Kualanamu airport railway has total length of 27 km, which 10.8 km are elevated and the rest are at ground.

Elevated railway section within Medan city centre

·
We exist
2,235 Posts
^^ I've used this viaduct ten days ago (19 December): it shaves off a lot of time indeed, plus it allows for more trips per day, I went from the city to KNO at 9:40AM, while I prepared for 10:00 (as they went at 9:00 and 10:00 before the opening). Now they go at 9:10, 9:40 and 10:10 instead:
https://www.railink.co.id/jadwal/id (link may change over time)

Intervals have been reduced greatly because of adding 8 round-trips. Not to forget: the viaduct has two tracks while the lower track is a single track. There's double track on the old line past the viaduct as well until the branch-off to the airport to prevent a bottleneck.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Update on the city of Medan. The most current proposal from February 2020 (before the COVID crisis) outlines a future Light Rail Transit (LRT) for the city in three routes, as shown below.

Source : Portal DJKA Dephub RI - Smart Cities & Urban Railway Development Februari 2020

61 - 73 of 73 Posts